Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Ruleset Strings

Ruleset Strings

Is there an easy way to determine what the string of a ruleset is when setting whether it's an allowed ruleset for an extension?
    Such as PFRPG and the like
    I'm just trying to get a list of all the rulesets that import
    CoreRPG so I can specify them in my CoreRPG extensions.

I'm not following what you are asking. The rulesets have specific names; and the extension must specify those exact names to be limited to those rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Every ruleset that is layered over CoreRPG will obviously have the CoreRPG strings loaded. Then each ruleset will have its own strings as well. At this point I think all of the retail rulesets are layered over CoreRPG, so you'd only encounter potential issues with the older community rulesets from the pre-CoreRPG days.

You could take a look at LPaK -- I think what it did was translate the strings for each supported ruleset.

In a pinch you could also just use Any to allow your extension to load anywhere and hope for the best. (Note that simply omitting the <ruleset> tag altogether has the same net effect.)

Code:
    <ruleset>Any</ruleset>

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not following what you are asking. The rulesets have specific names; and the extension must specify those exact names to be limited to those rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG
    If I want to specify an extension is allowed in a particular extension, I need to specify it as such:
    Code:
    <ruleset>PFRPG</ruleset>
    Where do I find the strings for that? Like if I wanted to specify the Cypher System or Fate Core in my extension...as it's PFRPG for Pathfinder, I'm operating under the assumption it isn't just FateCore for Fate Core, etc.

It's whatever the name of the .pak file or folder is in the FG rulesets folder.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's whatever the name of the .pak file or folder is in the FG rulesets folder.

Regards,
    JPG
    Perfect! Thank you!

Thread Information