FG Spreadshirt Swag

LOS issues for one player in four with blackout on map

Tonight I had two different maps (both art sub images with LOS pre defined - forestmap2.jpg and forestmap3.jpg) that seemed to work fine for host and also by 3 out of 4 of the players. For one different player on each map they could only see the tokens but everything else was black. It worked fine for the other 3 players each time it happened. Also worked fine for the host. I had to turn off LOS - and then they could see the map. Turn it back on and they could not. Didn't matter where they moved - or if map locking was on or off.

I have no idea what could cause this. There was nothing of note in any of the FG generated logs either.

I also noticed a serious lag degradation with a lot of windows where one map had the mysts fx moving at high speed - went away when I set it to low. There was nothing different or changed from the two default art sub maps I mentioned for the previous issue.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 23rd, 2021 at 04:58.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You might want to take a look at the maps to see if there are masks setup on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    You might want to take a look at the maps to see if there are masks setup on them.
    No masks. And if there were it would effect every character and not be affected by turning off LOS.

I’m actually wishing I had deleted the one affected PC from the map and tried to replace it again. That would have at least shown me if it was some bizarre FGU network bug in their original placement.

Had several good suggestions on this on discord so will relay them here:

Sampson
    <@!325072737326596097> I have had that issue happen before. Generally who ever that happens to in game we have that player experiencing the issue log out & log back in and reshare the map and that usually solves the issue. This last weekend we had two different players experience that same issue and that fixed it. They were able to see it with LOS after log out. log in reshare map.

Vex
    Three questions:
    1 - The players are clicking on their token right? (I assume yes)
    2 - The players haven't put the map into the background (arrow in upper right of map), this doesn't seem to play well with LOS in my players' experiences.
    3 - Did you try removing their token from the map and then re-adding it from the combat tracker?

Kelrugem
    <@!325072737326596097> to add to <@!187008646251544576>'s reason with the background button: <https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65502-Blank-black-map-for-single-players&p=581545&viewfull=1#post581545> (in that thread it is about a map from the store)

So, there seems to be some memory hole when putting the map back and forth to the background, hence, your player should better avoid that if they do that often
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 23rd, 2021 at 15:16.

Thread Information