5E Character Create Playlist

Option for multiplier using static number for damage in 5e spells

I would like to see an option to add a multiplier to damage in 5e. I have a particular set of spell effects that multiply the base damage dice by a static number. Currently there is no way for me to implement this that I see. Also any spell that has multiple projectiles with a single attack roll to hit or auto targeting(like magic missile) are only supposed to have a single die rolled and have it's damage applied to each projectile as per page 196 in the Players Handbook. This article explains it really well:https://www.wizardslaboratory.com/ma...ying-it-wrong/. So according to the lead rules designer, and I am assuming this works because each missile can have it's own target, magic missile damage is (1d4+1) * 3 for a first level casting of it. And evoker is (1d4+1 + int mod) *3 at 10th level using their class feature. So from my understanding we would need either a multiplier or a way to add multiple missiles to the spell that all use the same damage die. My temp fix is to have 4 static damage amounts of 6,9,12, and 15 and have a player apply one based upon a d4 roll. But this fix is rather clumsy.

Thank you for your time,
    Rzach

edit: also perhaps add a link to the magic missile spell description to the relevant rule.

Blog Entries
    Feature enhancements go on the wish list; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

If you want to roll once and apply the damage three (or more) times, just take the damage roll and drag it back to the target two more times. Or right click on it and double the damage and re-drag it.

Or play it RAI (per JC) and just roll 3d4.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Noted. Put the request there. And the RAI per JC is that it doesn't matter which you use. I believe that is because it is up to the DM to determine what is best for their table. I spent a couple hours going making an excel sheet to see the changes it would
    produce in my campaigns to use the RAW rules. I like it and would really like to see this option supported by default in FGU. Just trying to avoid the clumsiness of how it works now.

Didn't know I could redrag the damage onto the target, so thank you for that tip LordEntrails.

Thank you for your time,
    Rzach

Thread Information