FG Spreadshirt Swag

GIMP to FGU, and back again?

I make a lot of my own content in FGU. This includes maps. However, I'm wondering if I can extract my own maps to another program like GIMP, so I can fool around with them.

I understand that FGU will not let you export official content map, and that is not what I'm hoping to do. I'm not looking to pirate other peoples maps.

I've been creating maps in GIMP and loading them into FGU, and have recently been trying to use FGU to create maps, with some luck. But, I'm hoping I can do some things in one program and other things in the other program.

For example, the large terrain map, using layers to create grasslands with terrain that shows some bare ground spots randomly, I like creating in GIMP.
    Individualizing those maps with trees, buildings, etc, I find easier in FGU for scaling purposes.
    Then, to add natural looking cobblestone paths or dirt paths, I'd like to go back to GIMP and erase top layers exposing lower layers. (I realize that layers would not export from FGU as it uses PNG and JPG images, but I could add the layers in GIMP afterward).

Thank you for any help anyone could offer.

Maps exported from unity are xml files rather than something like .jpg. So they can’t be opened in GIMP. You can certainly import GIMP created images into FG.

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus, thank you for your very quick reply.

I had hoped that there would be a different answer. I had searched the forums and found the same answer, but they were in response to official content, and I hoped that maybe WotC had simply put a line of code in their maps precluding the exporting of their maps, but my own homebrew maps would be free of it. I guess not.

Again, thank you the Welcome. Love the program, love what it can do.

The maps aren’t conventional like they would be in GIMP or Photoshop. They are a bunch of links to the assets used to create that map along with coordinates and other stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So we need an export function to save finished maps as PNG (layers?) and JPEG (flattened). Screenshots are too low resolution, but serve as cheap workaround until then.

Blog Entries
    Their is currently no export option. Their is a request for it on the wish list that can be voted for. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135554

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Altario, this is totally a hack, but if you have a 4k monitor, you can make the map big enough on the screen that if you screenshot or snip that portion of the screen, it's sometimes detailed enough for using it as a jpg map.

Windrunner

I should have read through to the bottom. Yeah. What Weissrolf said.

Voted. Again, only for homebrew maps is preferred.

Thread Information