DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Offhand as Hexblade

We were using the "5E Weapon Handling" extension in the past. With the latest update we had to finally update the theme extension our group is using, which made this extension unusable and introduced the "new" FG built in version of 1-hand, 2-hand and offhand handling of weapons. (Our theme did override some parts of the actions, which kept the other extension in working order...)

When I set up my Hexblade Warlock without the "5E Weapon Handling" extension now, I noticed that offhand weapons keep their damage modifier if I set them to use charisma for attack and damage (because Hexblade).

Tested without any extensions as well. Also my characters don't have the two weapon fighting style enabled or something like that.
    Of course I can work around it and even though my Warlock seems to switch this one weapon between offhand and main hand more often than most seem to do, I could still add i.e. a second line for that weapon...

Is this intended behaviour? Or should weapons with other used stats than "base" use the "normal" offhand rules for damage as well?

You'll need to post in the Weapon Handling extension thread; since that is a community extension.

Also, the native ruleset code supports off-hand designation without any extensions.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I think you've confused Moon Wizard

Can you post screenshots showing your weapon setup and verify that this is done with no extensions?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, confusion. Trying to scan everything too fast.

It sounds like there is another extension overriding the weapon code; and it doesn't handle the off-hand right.

Regards,
    JPG

Sorry for confusing you. Yes in our actual campaign we use extensions but try to keep it to a minimum. I just wanted to explain why I only saw it now, even though the official off-hand support has been added to 5e for some time, but we only started to actually use that now.

I made a test character in a test campaign in 5e FGC. No extensions.
    chatnstats.JPG

I gave them a shortsword and changed it to charisma as the stat used for attack and damage. When used offhand, the damage from the charisma is still added to the roll.
    weapon.JPG

Two-weapon fighting style is NOT enabled for that character.

The off-hand scripting specifically replaces only the "Base" tag based on the off-hand designation. If you specifically set to something else, it is assumed that is an alternate bonus that you want applied no matter what.

You could create another weapon record for this character to handle that unique scenario.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm honestly not sure which scenario is more unique: Having a different stat for attacks/damage or off-hand damage receiving the stat bonus without the fighting style.

But seems like it was made deliberately like this so it's not a bug. Thanks for the confirmation! I will see what's the most comfortable workaround in this situation for me.

Thread Information