5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Sharing and Public DB node records (the things on the right side of your app)

I seem to be getting a lot of questions on this lately so I figured I'd do a public service announcement on how you share things to a player or make it public to all of them. I thought this was common knowledge - but evidently its not.

(I only use FGU 5E so keep that in mind though it should not be relevant for this information).

You can share notes, images, tables, story, quests, NPCs, encounters, items, parcels, etc. to an individual player or to everyone.

To do a public share to everyone - just pick the button on the right side of your app and right mouse over one of the list entries and click on share. This will make it public to everyone - will also pop it up on their screens when you do this. Right mouse again and you can remove the (P)public setting. That will remove it from everyone's screens.

To do a single player share - just drag the link button of what your sharing and drop it over the player logged in portrait. It will pop up on that players screen. To remove this share you'll have to go to the button on right side of your app that has a list containing it and right mouse over it to removed the (S)shared setting.

You won't have read/write access (without an extension of course) but you will be able to see it and in the case of NPC links you've dragged from the combat tracker you will be able to click on rolls and attacks.

This has been a public service announcement
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 20th, 2021 at 20:26.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks, that helped. Something which confused me: you share entries from the NPC list, which I consider the archetype, not the NPC itself. The one on the Combat Tracker is not shareable as far as I can see. I consider that the real NPC. Mr. Skeleton 4 is the awesome, but can't be shared .

The NPC on the CT is actually just a copy of the NPC in the NPC list; so the real NPC is the one in the list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes and no. On the Combat Tracker, it has its own name, hitpoints, effects, etc. Thanks to SilentRuin, it even can have it's own inventory. So for me, that one feels like the real thing. But it's semantics in the end. In FG terminology, the NPC list contains the NPCs, and the Combat Tracker contains individual unique copies of the NPC. The list has the definition of the archetype NPC. It confused me a lot at first, so I thought I should mention it to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post

To do a public share to everyone - just pick the button on the right side of your app and right mouse over one of the list entries and click on share. This will make it public to everyone - will also pop it up on their screens when you do this. Right mouse again and you can remove the (P)public setting. That will remove it from everyone's screens.

(ok I checked, I understand how it works, thanks!!!)

(moderators you can remove my post, I cannot do it, sorry)
    Last edited by *Neuro*; March 10th, 2021 at 08:26.

If you are ever in doubt on what to do, yes you can always drag and drop or in this case right click on either the listing or on the opened item - and share with everyone connected. So right click and drag and drop are always the two things to try in FG when you are trying to figure out something.

Thread Information