DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Then the grave yard of dead extns will cease to grow and grow and the almost full time process of maintaining my FGU experience in a working state would end. I can then just update as required and know someone else has done the work.
    The great thing about extensions is that people can develop new cool functionality - new stuff is coming out all the time! If you're using third party extensions now, you'll be using new third party extensions in the future - things don't stand still. Even if SmiteWorks took on a bunch of extensions for official support and maintenance, there'd be a bunch more out next week, next month, next... that some gaming groups would love and consider indispensable. Back to square one.

The upcoming extension forge will help a little to keep things updated and make them in more of a central place (assuming developers choose that route), but it'll never make for a centrally supported and maintained environment; unless you take away one of the best things that makes FG extensions great - the community can code what they wish!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can see both sides of the rolling question. There's one camp where they'd want the program to do all of that mechanical stuff for them. There's the other camp (which my group happens to be in) where rolling dice (even virtually) makes them feel a little more a part of the game. I'd like a "roll for initiative" pop-up. Heck, in my group we do initiative each round.

Thread Information