STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    This extension is now in the Forge! Future updates will be available there.
    I put it under both the Savage Worlds and Savage Worlds Adventure Edition categories.

Character Advances Tab (SWADE)
    Character Advances Tab
    Did you upload it twice as separate forge items just to cover both category options? -- If that is the case then there will be big annoyance because the same extension will be downloaded twice and might cause conflicts in FG Updater. I have asked Smiteworks if they could change category logic so that "Savage Worlds" would cover "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition" option as well.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Did you upload it twice as separate forge items just to cover both category options? -- If that is the case then there will be big annoyance because the same extension will be downloaded twice and might cause conflicts in FG Updater. I have asked Smiteworks if they could change category logic so that "Savage Worlds" would cover "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition" option as well.
    I did, for that reason. I expected people to pick it only once from one of those categories. I could have made that clear in my description. (Note to self...)

The files are the same name, so there should be only one on the local device. Will that still cause a problem?

What about the cases where an extension would work with SWADE and not SWD?

It would be nice if the combo box were instead a checklist. There are extensions which cover 5e and PF, but not SW. Those are under Core RPG, but they don't with with SWADE, Traveller, etc.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? Any suggestions on what I can break next?

I tested this extension in the Test channel against the changes to CoreRPG and the Savage Worlds rule set. I didn't find any errors, and it seems to be working just like it does on Live.

Please let me know if you have any problems with it in Test and I'll get it fixed before all those changes go live.

So far the only thing throwing errors in Test for me has been Fast Tests which I reported in chillhelms thread.

New in Version 1.20

Abilities dropped on the advance list are now added to the character for you. This includes Edges, Hindrances, Special Abilities, Racial Abilities, and Monstrous Abilities.
    If you use the planning section, these Abilities are added to the character on an advance or if you click the "move to advance" button.
    Note that the Ability must be a link, not just the name.

If you use the planning section, Traits are also added if you use the following formulas. (These are similar to effects.)
    Code:
    Trait Name +xd
    where x is the number of die types to increase the Trait by. Usually, it will be +1d. So, for example
    Code:
    Strength +1d
    will increase Strength on die type. For instance, from a d6 to a d8.
    Code:
    Shooting +1d, Fighting +1d
    will increase both Shooting and Fighting a die type. So Shooting d6 and Fighting d8 become Shooting d8 and Fighting d10.

Note that multiple Trait adjustments are separated by a comma. That's important.
    Increasing above d12 will add +1, as per the rules. So if Shooting was already a d12 and Fighting was a d12+1, they would become Shooting d12+1 and Fighting d12+2.

An alternative formula is
    Code:
    Trait Name =dx
    where x is the die type. So
    Code:
    Shooting =d6, Fighting =d8
    will set Shooting to d6 and Fighting to d8, no matter what they were set to before.
    Code:
    Strength =d12+2
    will set Strength to d12+2, even if it was a d8 previously.

A Skill that is missing will be added. So,
    Code:
    Taunt =d4, Driving +1d
    will add Taunt at d4 and add Driving at d4, assuming the character did not already have Taunt or Driving. If the character already had these skills, Taunt would be (re)set to d4 and Driving would be increased a die type.

Currently gear, cybernetics, vehicles, companions, anything else not an Ability are not automatically added. I may do this in a future update, if there's a call for it. Let me know if you'd use that.

This extension has also been updated to be compatible with the upcoming big changes.

NOTE: There are two copies of this extension; one set up under Savage Worlds and the other set up under SWADE. They're the same, so you need only one of them. The early versions of forge lacked some settings and I didn't know where the extension belonged, so I put it both places. I'll try to get these copies merged, but I don't know if that's possible. I'll keep both updated, so don't worry about that.

Known Bug
    There's a small bug that I'm unable to fix. It's easy to avoid, and is a rare scenario, I think. Simply don't set a Skill to anything higher than a d4 starting out if it doesn't already exist on your character sheet. It won't set properly on either your side or the GM's side, and will be reset to d4.
    So, if you don't have Shooting on your character, and a planned advance says
    Code:
    Shooting =d6
    or
    Code:
    Shooting +2d
    it will hit the bug in some situations.

Here's exactly how to recreate it:
    Have a player logged in.
    The character has a planned advance that starts a Skill higher than d4 (like below), and does not have the Skill on the character sheet. (It does this with any Skill.)
    Code:
    Fighting =d6, Shooting =d6
    or
    Code:
    Fighting +2d, Shooting +2d
    The GM advances the character or awards enough XP to advance.
    The character sheet on the client updates as expected, but on the GM side the skills are added at d4.
    The character sheet is saved to the GM's database with d4. The GM sees d4 for those Skills.
    If the player uses the "move to advance" button, it sets the Skills as expected, but they're at d4 for the player.
    Either way, the Skills are not saved at the higher die type and revert to d4 when the game is loaded next time.
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; November 26th, 2021 at 20:03. Reason: Removed double header.

This has really come along! I had put in all the pathfinder icons/archetypes. Its was real easy to go back to adjust for the skills.

You get this to do powers and items...well, then it will be awesome+ vs just awesome.

@amerigoV: I'm one step closer to ticking off one of your wish list items. Adding powers is next on the list. I wanted to learn about adding arcane backgrounds before doing powers.
    Version 1.30 is pending approval and should be available soon.

New in Version 1.30

• Trait increases and ad-hoc entries are announced when advancing, like Edges are.
    • The character's portrait is displayed with the advance message instead of the level-up icon.
    • Trait die increases now recognize a more natural syntax. i.e. you don't need =dx or +xd; Strength d10 and Notice d6 now work.
    • The extension now understands both upper and lower case D for Trait dice. e.g. Strength d10 and Strength D10 both work.
    • Arcane Background Edges are now added to the character's Edges. (They weren't adding when dropping them in the advances list or when moving from the planned section to advances taken.)
    • When adding an Arcane Background Edge, the associated Arcane Background will also be added to the Powers tab for you.
    • Edges with effects and trait mods now set properly.

This extension is compatible with the upcoming changes due to be released at the end of February 2022.

Dear Mike, nice job with this extension.
    But I have now the following error reported when adding an Edge to a character sheet :
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-23 100114.png

Maybe it's due to the last updates...

I'll look at this tonight. The screenshot gives me a good start, so thanks, but I need more information.

Can you please send me an error log?
    Can you send me a zip of the campaign? That will allow me to recreate the error. I promise not to give the players any spoilers.
    If you can't send me the campaign, you could take a screenshot of the character's advances tab.

Do you have the latest version of the extension? (1.30)

Which edge is giving the problem?
    Is this the only character causing an error?
    Is this the only edge causing a problem?
    Does this problem edge work on another character?
    Did you spend a benny to retry advancing?

Thread Information