DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    V1.15 - Bug - AssistantGM had major client CT initialization issues that slowed down the host when any client first brought up their CT with a huge number of shared NPCs that they had the potential to control. Rare for normal users to see but a killer on performance like big player controlled battles like I sometimes run. Fixed.

Decided to fix this annoyance. Updated in DMsG will be updated in Forge when Grim Press gets around to it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.16 - Update - added support for TokenHeight so that when you change ownership you keep the token height assigned.

@SilentRuin Just for clarity, does this grant the "assistant GM" permission to unlock and edit the statblock/NPC record too?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    @SilentRuin Just for clarity, does this grant the "assistant GM" permission to unlock and edit the statblock/NPC record too?

Thanks.
    Gives full ownership and whatever that means to FGU. The below pictures are using all the extensions I use so I will just describe it and you can pick out what has meaning for you. Below is an exact example of someone helping me run my next Mondays game as a player - they will do all the NPCs so I can be uber lazy DM. 4 other players will be normal characters.

In this case, I show you an Assistant GM dummy character (empty placeholder) which is a member of Rival Gang combat group and when active player will show only that group in its CT (combat group option). Assistant GM 2 dummy character (empty placeholder) which is a member of Rival Gang 2 combat group and when active player will show only that group in its CT (combat group option). My assistant will run both of these characters as shown below with Assistant GM currently active (Rival Gang in CT). The host has granted NPC access and he has taken ownership of everything in his CT by clicking special button icon in upper right of each entry he sees (which in this case is only Rival Gang). I then show him double clicking on the map token for Rival Gang Leader and unlocking and adding the word BUBBA to the end of it (he would need to have taken ownership which he has).

AsstGMAddingBubba.jpg

I then have him switch to his other dummy char he has selected to run which is Assistant GM 2 which is tied to Rival Gang 2 combat group which is all that will show in CT. I can do this all as one dummy char or as many as I like when dividing things into groups to make them more manageable for him (I mean he controls mines but with Aura extension BCEG effects there is not anything he really has to do with them so I broke them out to keep his turns simpler and CT less cluttered).

AsstGM2Mines.jpg

I include host's perspective so you can see how his CT shows all the combat groups I have visible and how the dummy chars are in CT with same combat groups as things I want that character to control though no player will actually see/do anything with those dummy characters (they are not even on map) plus turn ignores anything marked not visible (option). These were created with encounters then added into combat groups.

AsstGMAsstGM2HOSTView.jpg

I show you all this as I get asked a combination of questions like this and I can just point to this post now. Your specific answer is in the BUBBA example where they edited an NPC sheet they had taken ownership. If they release that ownership obviously they will no longer be able to do anything with the CT entry, map token, or NPC sheet.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 11th, 2022 at 22:31.

V1.17 - Bug - FGU snuck a relocation of the target logic for ct clients - which resulted in the logic that allows owned NPCs to show targets on client ct's to be disabled. Fixed.

Since mid august this has been bugged.

V1.18 - Update - added support for client combat tracker sheet links when they have ownership of the CT entry.

My last complex large campaign I got supper annoyed that players could not always double click the map token to get the sheet for things they owned - now with the same link that host sports on its combat tracker - the client combat trackers will have one also (if they own the ct entry).

While V1.18 works - it has some stuff I'm working through to fully fix. Apparently the owned NPC can get "lost" for the carrier/link info and you just have to un-own it and re-own it (toggle assistant GM ownership button on far right of NPC entry) to get the link or carrier data (if present) to appear. The PC links also seem to have some issues where they do not appear at all (though do sometimes when running from client on same host as machine - which is how I tested - but now I have an external user trying it and I see something is not updating).

In the end, you have more than you had with V1.18 - but still working out the kinks. As both carrier extension data and assistant GM extension data have client CT entry buttons dependent on ownership to display - the above workaround will have to be used (except for PCs which is another issue of its own).

V1.19 - Bug - fixed some issues with V1.18 not displaying link correctly all the time (when combat tracker window was not up and other cases). Added Clear Button that will clear only the current User selected in the list - will do the same as clear all button but do it only for one user (remove all ownerships). When doing a clear all the list of users will now be replaced with the active logged on users (instead of empty).

V1.20 - Update - added ability to drop NPC CT entry onto the Clear button to remove NPCowner access to a single entry. If you accidentally click on the clear button when you do the drop and have an active user - then obviously you can kiss all that user's owned stuff goodbye as designed.

Got annoyed in last night's game from having to switch around owners of NPCs from a player not able to make it and only way was to clear whole users owned npcs - when I just wanted to clear one. Now I can.

V1.21 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

Thread Information