DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
    While this video shows a lot of other stuff just for fun - it does have example of having a player's druid going "bad" and breaking from the party, attacking them with the help of a orc war band. They use assistant GM to play out the battle between the druid and orc band (player controlled) vs the rest of the party PC's controlled by the GM. Just and example of how this can work - but really - its up to your own imagination how you use it. I've also done multiple players controlling two completely different groups of NPC's battling each other (using combat groups to remove all the PC's from the combat tracker only leaving NPC's). It's a long boring video I posted in another thread to show generally what things can be done with extensions, modules, and themes - but it does show the use of Assistant GM in it as I described above.

This shows an example of a PC player turning evil and taking over an orc war band to fight PC's.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 23rd, 2021 at 18:53.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.1 - Feature - when dropping a CT entry onto player portrait to give ownership to the player the NPC will now allow the operations to show in CT just as if it were activated for Assistant GM. This means all things host normally can click on in CT to do attacks, etc. will be available to player who owns the NPC. As before, if you remove Assistant GM access it will preserve previous ownerships created via the portrait drops.

Basically, I was in my COS game and it became annoying that one of my players had to go through the main tab and find things they could do in a particular nasty NPC support character they were running that had a lot of things it could do. Made me think - why am I not letting the single ownership show the details in the players individually given NPCs like I do when they are granted access to all the NPCs? No reason I could think of. So I've added it in.

The effect of this is that if you have dropped a CT link onto a player portrait it will still get FULL ownership but will now also let them pick form the CT tracker for attacks, etc. just like they could if they had granted access to all NPC's and chosen one or more of them. If you grant access you will not be able to close NPCs in player CT that already had FULL ownerships via portrait drop and they will still be accessible after Grant NPC access has been taken away as they were given ownership through the other mechanism. Confused? To bad, that's what is going on. Here I'll toss in a few pictures.

The first picture shows a Mule and PugUgly in CT that were dropped over portrait to give access. The second picture shows that same CT after the player was granted NPC access. When that access is removed you'll be back to the first picture.
    MulePugUgly.png

GrantedNPC.png

Will Polymorphism get the same feature?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Will Polymorphism get the same feature?
    Nope. While it has shared code for making the NPC fully controllable the CT client modifications are purely Assistant GM and will remain so. As I use all my extensions as essentially one beast, this has no effect on me. If you have polymorphism only you'll certainly still have full control of your NPC as you had before.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.1 - Feature - when dropping a CT entry onto player portrait to give ownership to the player the NPC will now allow the operations to show in CT just as if it were activated for Assistant GM. This means all things host normally can click on in CT to do attacks, etc. will be available to player who owns the NPC. As before, if you remove Assistant GM access it will preserve previous ownerships created via the portrait drops.

Basically, I was in my COS game and it became annoying that one of my players had to go through the main tab and find things they could do in a particular nasty NPC support character they were running that had a lot of things it could do. Made me think - why am I not letting the single ownership show the details in the players individually given NPCs like I do when they are granted access to all the NPCs? No reason I could think of. So I've added it in.

The effect of this is that if you have dropped a CT link onto a player portrait it will still get FULL ownership but will now also let them pick form the CT tracker for attacks, etc. just like they could if they had granted access to all NPC's and chosen one or more of them. If you grant access you will not be able to close NPCs in player CT that already had FULL ownerships via portrait drop and they will still be accessible after Grant NPC access has been taken away as they were given ownership through the other mechanism. Confused? To bad, that's what is going on. Here I'll toss in a few pictures.

The first picture shows a Mule and PugUgly in CT that were dropped over portrait to give access. The second picture shows that same CT after the player was granted NPC access. When that access is removed you'll be back to the first picture.
    MulePugUgly.png

GrantedNPC.png
    This is exactly what I wished for since I first experimented with the extension. Thanks! While I do trust my players to not screw things up, I felt a little uneasy granting full access all the time .

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

V1.2 - BUG - Fixed stuttering recursive call problem that caused first click of visibility icon on player CT to not take and sometimes make the option go away when dealing with a shared NPC (via portrait drop). Fixed clearall.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; May 26th, 2021 at 16:51.

V1.3 - BUG - Fixed dropping NPC on player portrait will now automatically update players CT - same for clearing.

Now, if I were player and wanted control of an NPC mule and/or an enemy Pugugly NPC - how would I do it? I'd have the host drag the NPC CT entry link I wanted to be controlled by the player and then drop it over that players portrait! Then on the players side... you'd have full control of the map and the sheet! See here is a picture of how the players sees those NPCs in its combat tracker (CT)... but... what is that? Can anyone see a strange difference from normal FGU players CT? Hmmmm.....
    AssistGMDemo.png

Or if I open the CT visible icon on Pugugly...

MulePugUgly.png

An example of my short version explanations on how player controlled NPC's work in my world

V1.4 - BUG - Polymorphism had timing issues with this extension which caused its ownership to get removed (could not move transformed NPC and other owner issues). Fixing this also allowed Polymorphed NPCs to show their full CT action list for use by player - just like in host.

V1.5 - Bug - missing init call and did not place limit in combobox definitions so that scroll bar would be used properly.

Thread Information