DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds 2021-02-16 update No more Theme!

Where are the images in the left menu for theme like Hell on Earth and Ripper Resurrected? What about those of Savage Worlds Swade rules.. Now we only see words.
    A new design?

From Discord:

Moon Wizard: All the rulesets have been switched to textual buttons for the sidebars. The overhead of graphical icons created a lot of complexity for adding new record types, theming and new ruleset creation.

I spent hours making all those side buttons
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    From Discord:

Moon Wizard: All the rulesets have been switched to textual buttons for the sidebars. The overhead of graphical icons created a lot of complexity for adding new record types, theming and new ruleset creation.

I spent hours making all those side buttons
    I understand why they decided to go for only text boxes but I really loved the graphical side buttons, I wish there where a toggle so that you could choose

Sadly it takes away some of the style of the rulesets. Now every button looks the same. Even the skin of Beast&Barbarians that already had text buttons now shows the same buttons like the Savage Worlds default skin. And they do stand out because its another design. The pictures on those buttons where a great thing to make the buttons different and to give the Settings a bit more "life". I am sad that they are gone. Why take something away that added flavor to the games?

I agree I'd also like for Fantasy Grounds to quit asking me if I want to try the new menu system. I tried it, didn't like it, quit asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnx333 View Post
    Sadly it takes away some of the style of the rulesets. Now every button looks the same. Even the skin of Beast&Barbarians that already had text buttons now shows the same buttons like the Savage Worlds default skin. And they do stand out because its another design. The pictures on those buttons where a great thing to make the buttons different and to give the Settings a bit more "life". I am sad that they are gone. Why take something away that added flavor to the games?
    I checked out a few of the other themes and it is possible to put a theme to the buttons. Not saying all old things will get updated (I think a few devs aren't around anymore?), but it is possible to change the look.

Though I'd prefer a toggle as well.

I complain this graphical step back (I opened another thread to mourn the loss of the images on the sidebar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...er-last-update) )
    Additionally, I note you that in other rulesets the 'Decal desktop image' option is still there, even after this update

You should be able to customize the text used for the side buttons. Its not very hard, can probably figure out and write up an example and how to guide.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Regarding the sidebar button changes,
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post578957

@icecrmman,
    That's not part of the built-in system. Did you enable some sort of extension to change menus?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    That's not part of the built-in system. Did you enable some sort of extension to change menus?
    It's the D&D 2E alternative text/drop-down menu system.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information