DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Installed the hotfix. Made an attack got the following (no attack result entered into chat either).

Attachment 43877

If I don't target something in the CT, I don't get the error until the roll gets dragged to the entity in the CT.
    As mentioned in the release thread - if you get script errors please disable extensions first and see if the error exists without *any* extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

nevermind, figured it out

Sorry
    Last edited by gbhenderson; February 19th, 2021 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    Looks like combat is busted in 2e again.

Not running any extensions.

PCs can target NPCs, but attack rolls and damage rolls do nothing. No results in chat or CT.

And vice versa. NPCs can target PCs, but attack rolls and damage rolls do nothing. No results in chat or CT.

No error messages pop up in chat at all. No error log window pops up.
    I was not able to reproduce this.

I started a new campaign with latest rev, added pc and several npcs. Initiated encounter with pc having initiative. PC could target all npcs. Selected npcs took damage when rolling from PC sheet and from DM ct. Also drag/drop worked for hit and damage.

NPCs functioned similarly.

I have noticed there is an issue with AC. JPG emailed me yesterday related to some of the 2021-02 changes that might cause problems. I'll dig into that. For now you need to validate the AC they PC actually hit.
    Last edited by celestian; February 19th, 2021 at 21:16.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry Celestian, was hoping I got that edit in fast enough to save your time. It was an operator head space issue.

I was doing some parsing to check skills for my players before our next session. I didn't notice any issue with AC in combat at all. The THAC0s vs AC numbers were all coming up correct. Can't speak for the AC calculations though.
    Last edited by gbhenderson; February 19th, 2021 at 21:45.

I am having the same issue.

Never had this happen before.

Started after the last months updates to fantasy grounds unity.

[ERROR] Unable to target token not linked to combat tracker entry.

Odd thing is it only occurs when I use a pre loaded encouter.
    And the error only effects the GM controlled NPC's.
    The players can target the NPC's with no issues.

This error does not happen if I drop the npc's in from the monster manual.
    But if I use a pre loaded encounter then every time this error reoccurs.
    It is reproducible from any pre loaded encounter I have tried. And I tried 12 different encounters.

Moved to the Classic D&D sub-forum thread discussing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    There was a hotfix for this - have you ran an update to get the most recent release?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Moved to the Classic D&D sub-forum thread discussing this issue.

There was a hotfix for this - have you ran an update to get the most recent release?
    Yes Everyone in our group just downloaded the most recent updates before we started our gaming session.

Your hotfix did not work for us.

I am running some extensions.

coreRPG map unit settings extension

universal module extension

We can not unload the universal module extension as that makes our game unplayable.
    We are running a 2e module in 5e game.
    That is the reason why I bought fantasy grounds.
    Fantasy grounds is useless for me if I can not do this with the program.

I want to add everything was working just fine last month with our game settings.
    Is there a way to roll back all of our fantasy grounds to a previous working version?
    Last edited by hammer58; March 3rd, 2021 at 13:55.

Yes Everyone in our group just downloaded the most recent updates before we started our gaming session.

Your hotfix did not work for us.

I am running some extensions.

coreRPG map unit settings extension

universal module extension

We can not unload the universal module extension as that makes our game unplayable.
    That is the reason why I bought fantasy grounds.
    Fantasy grounds is useless for me if I can not do this with the program.

I want to add everything was working just fine last month with our game settings.
    Is there a way to roll back all of our fantasy grounds to a previous working version?
    So your problem is in 5e, not 2e.
    Which module are you running?
    Try disabling the map extension (i don't know this one). It'possible to cause issues if it hasn't been updated yet.
    You can't roll back to an earlier version of FG and Extensions are known to cause issues after updates to FG until someone updates them.

Odd thing is it only occurs when I use a pre loaded encouter.

This error does not happen if I drop the npc's in from the monster manual.
    But if I use a pre loaded encounter then every time this error reoccurs.
    It is reproducible from any pre loaded encounter I have tried. And I tried 12 different encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer58
    So, to confirm - this error occurs when you load a pre-built encounter from a 2e module running within a 5e campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So, to confirm - this error occurs when you load a pre-built encounter from a 2e module running within a 5e campaign?
    Yes,

To be exactly accurate, We are playing the Temple of elemental evil.
    We are playing it in 5e rule set.
    I converted all the encounters in the 2e module and the treasure encounters to 5e format.
    Then I stored all of it for use in our play through.
    I did the conversion maybe 9 months ago.
    All has been working fine until this last update.

Now when ever I use one of the pre loaded encounters I modified 9 months ago, those encounters will load in the correct monsters into the combat tracker and they are true
    5e counterparts from the 5e monster manual that i used for this modification, but none of them can target any of the players in the combat tracker I get the error I reported in my earlier post.
    The players however can use the combat tracker and can target the monster npc's.

If I go back again to the monster manual and repull those same monsters and put them into the combat tracker then it works fine.
    What ever is doing this is associated with the pre loaded encounters stored in the 2e module which I modified to 5e monsters 9 months ago.
    That was a lot of work by the way which I do not want to see being a wasted effort on my part.
    Last edited by hammer58; March 3rd, 2021 at 17:09.

Thread Information