5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP - 4 players for short term Tales from the Yawning Portal (5e)

FG License: Utlimate FGU
    Game System:
    5th edition D&D

Time Zone:
    Central
    Day of week and time:
    Sunday 2 pm
    If new game, planned start date:
    February 28th
    Planned Duration & Frequency:
    3-4 hours, once per week
    Term:
    Playing through the Tales from the Yawning Portal; will finish the last adventure we are on then quit once Iron Kingdoms: Requiem comes out, and start a new campaign then.

Text or Voice:
    Both
    Voice software used:
    Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?
    No

Roleplay & Combat mix:
    50/50

Number of Players in game & needed:
    4; my wife will be playing but wont always be able to be there. She will be a 5th player.
    Character starting level & equipment:
    1st, and typical starting equipment as standard.
    Character restrictions:
    I have a tendency to frown against "monster races" as PC races. Orcs, Kobolds, etc. Reason why is I generally don't have cultures that easily accept each other, which makes it difficult to participate in each others societies. I get the reason people would have to play them, but I'm very hesitant - plus I feel that some of them weren't as well playtested, so I am likely to veto most races outside of the PHB, though I MAY consider them if you give me a REALLY good argument - but have a second idea ready in case I do veto it.

Details of your scenario:
    I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 5th edition of a campaign setting called the Iron Kingdoms. It started as a roleplaying adventure for 3rd edition, sparked a miniatures wargame called Warmachine, and its sister game Hordes, and it has a game world I just LOVE! They have the 5th edition version of it on kickstarter, and once it comes out, I plan on creating a campaign for it. In the meantime, I plan on running the adventures out of Tales from the Yawning Portal, and will finish whatever adventure we are on when Iron Kingdoms Requiem comes out, then start a new campaign in the new setting, with original adventures created by yours truly. I'm not new to FG, but I am new to FGU, so anyone familiar with it who can help me learn and master the new features will be most welcome.
    Last edited by Morfedel; February 17th, 2021 at 05:07.

So, 54 views and not a single bit of interest? What's the problem, the sunday 2pm time? LOL

Interested in group

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    So, 54 views and not a single bit of interest? What's the problem, the sunday 2pm time? LOL
    Hey, I am interested in playing with this group and might be able to get another person if needed. The 2 PM time is not a problem, how many hours per session do you plan on running? Just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyvader99 View Post
    Hey, I am interested in playing with this group and might be able to get another person if needed. The 2 PM time is not a problem, how many hours per session do you plan on running? Just curious!
    At least 2 and at most 4; prob closer to the 3-4 range, so we can stop around dinner time

ok so, Dirtyvader, finn, you guys have experience with FGU by chance?

Anyway, so yeah, my wife will be playing, but sporadically. She works nights and as such sometimes she might be too tired to play; so she won't be regular. I will NPC her character on the days that happens. As such, I'm looking for 4 players. Right now we will just be running the published adventures from Tales as mentioned, and if the group meshes well, then when Iron Kingdoms: Requiem releases, will transition to that.

I'd be interested! Experience in D&D since the 90's and FG in general for a while now. Always wanted to play the Yawning Portal adventures.

Tried to PM you, but it says you got no room left!

No experience with FGU but I don’t think I’ll have much issues picking it up. PC gamer for years and I’ve watched a few YouTube tutorials.

I checked out the Iron Kingdoms Kickstarter after I read your post, it looks absolutely amazing. Even is this doesn’t work thank you for turning me on to it.

I have DM'd for about a year on FG Unity and it is pretty easy to pick-up and nice. Sending you a PM with info and if needed my brother who has played D for years and years is also interested.
    Looking forward to the Yawning Portals campaign!

Hey Morfedel

Thanks for the invite, and I do have FGU experience, I have a group of friends from my office that play once every two weeks (5E) and I DM those sessions. So more than happy to help in any way I can.

Discord works great - my username is Dirtyvader99
    Discord - my brother if we have room is Sini

The Iron Kingdoms sounds awesome. I have friends who played Warmachine and they loved it, so familiar with some parts of that world. If we can help front any costs once the campaign gets started, let us know.
    The dates and time are not an issue (my kids are usually keeping to themselves when Sunday hits), 2 PM Central time works great and we can easily go for 2 to 4 hours if needed.

Thanks!
    Dirty

Thread Information