DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Space Ship and Map Programs?

Travellers,
    What programs do you recommend to create maps of your starship designs? Attached is one that was made on Dungeondraft (not by me). I try using Worldographer with limited success for maps but what others are there that you have found successful and more importantly, cost effective? Free is best but...this is a capitalist society after all. Thanks,

~Ship maps.jpg Watchcase Amazonia Planet map.png

I have used Dungeonfog a few times

There is a program I have used called Campaign Cartographer with the Cosmographer add-on by ProFantasy. On their example page (https://www.profantasy.com/products/cos3_examples.asp) where you can see all too familiar deck plans and subsector maps that are near and dear to everyone who plays Traveller.
    Last edited by Stargrove; February 16th, 2021 at 01:07.

I have used the CC3 program with Cosmotographer. First, let me say the built-in integration with TravellerMap is amazing!

The downside, if you don't have an Auto CAD type of background, which I don't, the learning curve is very steep. I made a couple of 2-d ship floorplans and a subsector map and haven't touched it since. With more practice, it is very powerful but the cost is hard to justify.

I will 2nd the steep learning curve of CC3 but for ship and subsector mapping there probably are not better tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I will 2nd the steep learning curve of CC3 but for ship and subsector mapping there probably are not better tools.
    I have CC3 but can never figure out most of its abilities.

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I have CC3 but can never figure out most of its abilities.

Xargun
    I found this guys videos (he has a number of them) to be helpful in learning CC3 fundamentals enough to do my own thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpfzlsMK2g

Joe Sweeney's videos are also excellent for learning CC3: https://www.youtube.com/user/joesweeney88
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information