DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

I think its just a shotgun thing (so SWADE would do it was well). I just modify it to be 3d6, then make two sub-attacks at the lower damage for the longer ranges.

That's true - I didn't check to see if the core SWADE shotgun item was expressed the same way in its "Damage" field. How to you make "sub-attacks"? If there's a way to fix it to do something meaningful - seems like the items should be updated in SWADE core and DLWW library modules to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jimweaver View Post
    That's true - I didn't check to see if the core SWADE shotgun item was expressed the same way in its "Damage" field. How to you make "sub-attacks"? If there's a way to fix it to do something meaningful - seems like the items should be updated in SWADE core and DLWW library modules to do so.
    Right click on the main attack on the combat tab. It opens a radial menu. About the 4 o'clock position is an arrow symbol. Mouse over it - it should say sub attack. It nests the new attack under it. You can use that for all sorts of things like frenzy, or sweep, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    Right click on the main attack on the combat tab. It opens a radial menu. About the 4 o'clock position is an arrow symbol. Mouse over it - it should say sub attack. It nests the new attack under it. You can use that for all sorts of things like frenzy, or sweep, etc.
    OK - thanks a bunch! I'll set that up for both heroes that are carrying shotguns. Sounds like it has to be done on the combat tab, and can't be done by default in the base weapon statistics.

I'm new to Deadlands and I need to know which version of the Savage Worlds rules I need to get - Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset, or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by morandia View Post
    I'm new to Deadlands and I need to know which version of the Savage Worlds rules I need to get - Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset, or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition?
    Mmm, you'll have to be more specific - as Deadlands has multiple editions. For the latest edition of Deadlands, which is called "Deadlands Weird West", you want "SWADE" - Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. There are at least two earlier editions of Deadlands, including Deadlands Reloaded, which was released for two or three different game systems - I'm not well informed on any of those. But beware that the Fantasy Grounds store has Deadlands content from prior editions, and the rulesets they use are different. Only the more recent DLWW stuff will be SWADE compatible.

that helps some. So if I get reloaded campaigns, I need deluxe if I understand correctly

Quote Originally Posted by morandia View Post
    that helps some. So if I get reloaded campaigns, I need deluxe if I understand correctly
    You are correct.

The differences between SWD and SWADE are easily managed by someone who is well-versed in Savage Worlds of the various editions.

My current campaign is in the DLWW era, but I have converted material from the Classic edition following there conversion guide. We're currently in the awesome Devil's Tower Trilogy!

If you're not well-versed with Savage Worlds, the Deadlands Reloaded Complete Bundle in the Fantasy Grounds store is an excellent place to start if you are a fan of telling "bigger" stories, and the very latest DLWW edition has excellent starting material for telling "smaller" stories.

Hope that helps.

Not sure if its just my group or everyone but we are running Deadlands Horror at Headstone Hill and its going great but we are having an issue with the Winchester Lever Action rifle. Whenever we roll damage it come out as a negative value. So far this is the only weapon we've had the problem with and I have had 3 different players try it just to make sure. Is there a fix for this? Is it something we've done? Its not terrible but its annoying to have to redo the math and manually enter it during a good combat flow. Appreciate any help the community can give

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooking View Post
    Not sure if its just my group or everyone but we are running Deadlands Horror at Headstone Hill and its going great but we are having an issue with the Winchester Lever Action rifle. Whenever we roll damage it come out as a negative value. So far this is the only weapon we've had the problem with and I have had 3 different players try it just to make sure. Is there a fix for this? Is it something we've done? Its not terrible but its annoying to have to redo the math and manually enter it during a good combat flow. Appreciate any help the community can give
    The level action rifle is capable of damage from 3d6 to 1d6 depending on the range. The reason you get negative is, because the item damage is listed as 1-3d6 which, which you shouldn't use as is, but create custom attacks based on the range. There is no automation at the moment for this feature, this is what I have been told in Discord. Attached is screenshot how this is set up properly to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information