FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaShintaku View Post
    The Horror at Headstone Hill setting is available now in the store!!! Bought... Yippee!!!
    Hmmm, so I bought it, loaded my ongoing campaign, went to "Library" and loaded both HatHH modules, clicked on "Modules" to view them, and they view fine there. But, critically, there are no HatHH entries under my "Story", "NPCs", "Encounters", "Tables", or "Images" buttons. When I go to Library->Modules->HatHH GM guide, I can see that there is a "Tables" link there, for example, and that does show a bunch of tables like Twilight Events, but none of that content is listed in or accessible to my right sidebar buttons. I don't have any filters set on any of those windows. Anyone else whose bought it seeing similar issues? Next thing I'm going to try is creating a new campaign and loading it and seeing if the data is there.

OK - the entries are there for NPCs, Images. They are just categorized with a long string that starts with "Deadlands, The Weird West" with the module name at the very end of that string, and I didn't spot them. Weirdly, the "Group" drop down list didn't have that category listed initially, but eventually after tooling around a bit, it showed up.

However, there are no "Story" entries as far as I can tell for Horror at Headstone Hill, where there are for "Blood Drive". This seems odd. All the data is there, it just needs to be accessed by viewing the module in the sort of "PDF view" mode where you have the table of contents and the next page / prev page views.

I guess how modules get imported varies. For HatHH, I'd have probably created Story entries and Encounters at least for the "Savage Tales" portion of the book, and likely creating "Encounters" for the Heaston Hill locations, and dropping encounter pins on the map in the appropriate spots, and also one or more Story items that list the locations at HH in various categories (alphabetical, all the saloons, etc.) would be hugely helpful.

Before my posse gets to Heaston Hill, I'll create those things myself.

That's a shame. I was looking forward to this. Since I tend to run games by referring to the pdf on my iPad, the integration with FG is why I would purchase a module. I don't want to just have the module copy/pasted into FG for viewing. That's not worth it to me. If I still have to create the Story entries, encounters, etc. myself, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up after all

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    That's a shame. I was looking forward to this. Since I tend to run games by referring to the pdf on my iPad, the integration with FG is why I would purchase a module. I don't want to just have the module copy/pasted into FG for viewing. That's not worth it to me. If I still have to create the Story entries, encounters, etc. myself, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up after all
    I think it was worth it for me, if for no other reason than all the NPCs are ported to FG for it. It would take a long time to do that myself, and the cost pretty small in FG store for it. But I am surprised that there was no story structure created - even just an index of the town locations and regional locations without having to view the module graphically for that.

I'll be creating a town index story item(s) in the next week or so - if I can figure out how to export it I'd be happy to provide it to folks. Only thing is I've created one or two of my own stores in HH that aren't in the module, but maybe I could export the stuff before I add my custom items in.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    Enjoy re-entering the 100+ NPCs, I know I did :P

Town locations and Story entries are being done, just slowly.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post

Ah, there is more coming then - that is good. I'm pretty new to FG, so I'd assumed things like modules were released in one big bang without a lot of subsequent updates - but since there's an update mechanism built into the tool, having something early (particularly NPCs) is better than not!

Yes, NPCs seem like for every system, not just SW, where the biggest time sink to translate would be. It would be awesome if there were some accepted data format for adventure modules / stats that was not system-specific, and that a module creator could create, then every tool like Roll20, FG, whatever would have a single data format to work with that could bootstrap the import process. Problem is, nobody has any incentive to create such a standard format...

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post

NPCs aren’t hard. Just copy/paste with SW Maker. :P
    But it looks like I can just wait for you to finish the other stuff anyway, so I guess I won’t have to do that after all.

There is typo in the Improved Fan the Hammer edge. It requires Heroic, rather than Seasoned advance.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There is typo in the Improved Fan the Hammer edge. It requires Heroic, rather than Seasoned advance.
    Thanks for the report. This has been addressed
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

There may be bugs with the damage dice for several firearms. Just had a DLWW session, and someone fired a shotgun, which has damage string expressed as "1-3d6". What was rolled was 1 - 3d6 ;-). So they got -12 damage. I'm not certain if there is a way to fix it - there may not be a way to express damage that is range conditional, or even give three alternate damage options for the player to choose from when rolling damage. What we did is just edit the damage dice field per range as needed before rolling.

But, if there's no way to support how it's supposed to work, it might be better to have a string in the damage field that is not a valid dice expression, so people aren't confused why they have negative damage results!

Thread Information