DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Fall of the Plaguestone module Spite's Cradle map issue

I was running the game session this week when my players reached the Spite's Cradle and I wanted to show them the map, but... apparently, they weren't able to see it. When I opened the image, it was darker than usual. At first, I thought it was some default mask/fog of war as it looked like it. I tried to reveal the masked regions, but it changed nothing. I shared the map with my players and they told me it's pitch black. They couldn't see the map.

So I tried around, but no mask was added to the image. Actually, I was able to add one to make it even darker. What could have happened? There was no issue with other maps. The GM map looks fine, but its resolution is definitely far too low, for playing there.

Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ivell View Post
    I was running the game session this week when my players reached the Spite's Cradle and I wanted to show them the map, but... apparently, they weren't able to see it. When I opened the image, it was darker than usual. At first, I thought it was some default mask/fog of war as it looked like it. I tried to reveal the masked regions, but it changed nothing. I shared the map with my players and they told me it's pitch black. They couldn't see the map.

So I tried around, but no mask was added to the image. Actually, I was able to add one to make it even darker. What could have happened? There was no issue with other maps. The GM map looks fine, but its resolution is definitely far too low, for playing there.

Ideas?
    Are you using FGC or FGU? If FGU the LoS is on by default and so will appear black to the players until their tokens are placed on the map and they click on one of the tokens to reveal what they can see.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmmm FGU. That could be the line of sight. When I shared it with them, their tokens weren't added yet, so that may be the case. I will check and report back, but sounds like it. Though... it didn't happen to me before on any map from the module, which is why I got surprised by that. Thank you!

Fall of Plaguestone got the LoS added 2 months ago. So maybe you'd been playing on a previous version of the module without LoS before and then Spite's Cradle was the first player map you opened after updating.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's pretty possible. I didn't update for a longer time and did recently, so yeah Anyway, thanks for the help

EDIT: Confirmed. This was caused by LoS indeed.
    Last edited by ivell; March 15th, 2021 at 09:09.

Thread Information