Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by THO View Post
    OK..so what I am trying to do is consolidate entries.Attachment 43553
    Not sure what you mean by "Can't create a pin from this location".

Record links can be created in formatted text (the text area in a Story entry, and in many other places). They can also be dragged to a map to create a shortcut pin. All of these links/shortcuts link back to a record. So, if you're creating links, that link needs to be to an individual record, not something within that record. I don't know if this helps, because I'm still not sure exactly what you're trying to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you guys. Still trying to figure out how to organize my data. I have a lot of **** in my head and I am trying to get it into FG. I think I have an idea as to what you are suggesting. Can you be a little more specific?

Thx. ok..it is hard to describe as the issue is there are non standard terms being used.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    What I am trying to figure out is.... a way to "shortcut/pin" to a map within a story entry (not from the main story window) but from within the story entry/element itself.
    I know that I can drag the "shield icon" and create a "shortcut/pin" on a map from the main story window however, what I would like to do is create an entry within the story item and drag that item onto a map just like from the main story window.
    WOW..hope that explains it :P

V/R
    THO

SO let's take the example of Bill's House. Your first story entry is a general description of Bill's House. Each room in the house will then have it's own story entry (living room, bedroom, kitchen, cellar etc). You then have a map of Bill's house. So you drag the link icon for that map and add it to the first story entry which generally describes Bill's house. Then you drag the links for each story entry and pin them to your map (so the Living room entry is pinned to the living room in the map, same for each different room). To keep everything in order number your story entry. So the first entry might be 01.00 and then the living room might be 01,01, the kitchen 01,02 etc. Bill's neighbour's house might start at 02.00. If you have purchased any of the official adventure modules you'll see this in action (see the example image below).

If you want to you can drag the story entries for each room and pin those to the first entry which generally describes the house, to create a sort of index. Inside each story entry you can have further links to encounters, treasure parcels, images etc.

What you can't do is pin a paragraph from a story entry; you can only pin the story itself.

Does this answer your question?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    SO let's take the example of Bill's House. Your first story entry is a general description of Bill's House. Each room in the house will then have it's own story entry (living room, bedroom, kitchen, cellar etc). You then have a map of Bill's house. So you drag the link icon for that map and add it to the first story entry which generally describes Bill's house. Then you drag the links for each story entry and pin them to your map (so the Living room entry is pinned to the living room in the map, same for each different room). To keep everything in order number your story entry. So the first entry might be 01.00 and then the living room might be 01,01, the kitchen 01,02 etc. Bill's neighbour's house might start at 02.00. If you have purchased any of the official adventure modules you'll see this in action (see the example image below).

If you want to you can drag the story entries for each room and pin those to the first entry which generally describes the house, to create a sort of index. Inside each story entry you can have further links to encounters, treasure parcels, images etc.

What you can't do is pin a paragraph from a story entry; you can only pin the story itself.

Does this answer your question?
    I think you attached the wrong picture Zacchaeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I think you attached the wrong picture Zacchaeus.
    Quite correct
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I think you might be looking for something like where the story entry has pins to other entries? In this example the Pin on the map is to a Story entry and the story entry has pins to encounters and a treasure table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Griogre,

Thank you for the help and information. Not what I wanted to hear but, I guess I will have to live with the way FG organizes its data.

V/R
    THO

If you want something outside of FG I can recommend notebook.ai

Quote Originally Posted by THO View Post
    Griogre,

Thank you for the help and information. Not what I wanted to hear but, I guess I will have to live with the way FG organizes its data.

V/R
    THO
    THO, my suspicion is you probably can do what you want, but I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Pins are shortcuts to information, so a pin in a story entry is just a shortcut to something else - which can be anything that has a pin in the top left.

Story Entries and Tables are the two general purpose information entries that can have groups of any type of pins.

Thread Information