STAR TREK 2d20

Sneak Attack? How Do?

Hey, quick question, but how do you add the "Sneak Attack" damage automatically to an attack with a Rogue? My GM and I can't seem to figure it out, and there seem to be no tutorials online to help us.

Blog Entries
    Hi ElzbethE

Before you roll damage apply an Effect to yourself that looks like this:

DMG: 2d6; [ROLL]; [SELF]
    that lasts/expires On Next Roll

And how does one do that? We've tried creating a spell, but all it does is hurt the Rogue in question.

Blog Entries
    Go to Actions on Charsheet
    Bottom Right - Edit - Add Power
    Call it Sneak Attack and stop editing
    Right click on it and choose Add Action - Add Effect
    Click Magnifying glass
    Desc: DMG 2d6
    Targeting: Self
    Expend: On Next Roll

When its time to use this - before you roll damage click the Effect Button on this power and it will apply for the next damage roll.

You could also put an effect on the Rogue in the Combat Tracker as follows: IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision and keep this on when using a sneak attack appropriate weapon.

This relies on the FG conditions that count as flat-footed (flat-footed, confused, grabbed, paralyzed, prone, restrained and unconscious) being applied to the target before rolling damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Once again... I didnt notice I was in the PF2 forum...

So, is there an way that's better? Or one that works for PF2?

Quote Originally Posted by ElzbethE View Post
    So, is there an way that's better? Or one that works for PF2?
    1) Do what I mentioned, PF2 has been specifically designed to recognise the conditions I listed as flat-footed. Apply that effect to your PC in the combat tracker. Then make sure conditions are tracked accurately. If you don't want to use the PF2 automation then do one of the other two options below.
    2) Do what damned mentioned (but add the "precision" damage type.
    3) Create another weapon in your actions tab with the additional damage and use that to roll damage when you need to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe.
    Our group was basically doing it Damned's way (funny sentence) but I will let them know of this way as well.

Once again thanks for all the great support you provide.

Thread Information