DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Script error when using the CT attack dice

I got the error below when trying to double click the attack dice in the CT after CTRL+Click to target a combatant.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:168: setValue: Unable to create node

No extensions.

FGU 4.0.10
    RMC 2.1.23

I do get a similar error in FGC (a different number 160 instead of 168).

Only two entries in the CT, the PC (running from a second instance on the host machine) and an Orc.

I did CTRL+Click as the PC on the Orc in the CT (doing CTRL+Click on the map token gives the same error).

Dragging the attack dice to the target works fine (either CT or on the map).

Pic of the CT:

Also attached the logs if that helps.

I originally had a couple of extensions (a language extension, and Player Agency, but it still happens without those enabled). It also happens in a new campaign that never had those loaded.

Let me know if you need anything else to assist.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We ran into similar problems using FGC last night - Dakadin is on it (bless his little coding fingers) of course.

Custom items popped up as Unidentified, attacks could only be made by dropping dice onto the map tokens etc. Game still playable but just needed to adjust what we did and recreate items.

Blog Entries
    The screenshot looks like your weapons don't have attack tables associated with them (the red crossout line on the right side). Go into your weapons and select the right attack matrix for the weapon. Might help.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Sadly John, that did not fix everything - some attacks still failed to pop up the Table Resolver.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The screenshot looks like your weapons don't have attack tables associated with them (the red crossout line on the right side). Go into your weapons and select the right attack matrix for the weapon. Might help.
    I don't think so, and a quick check shows it looks fine when I open up the weapon.

NOTE: This image (and the one in the OP) are on the Player side, not the GM side. It looks fine (no line through the table icon) on the GM side.

I don't have a lot of time to play around with it now, game soon, and we have a work around if needed.

I think it is related to the way permissions are handled with the campaign DB so I need to adjust the way I did the fix for exhaustion. I have a good idea how to accomplish it unfortunately it won't make this Tuesday's release since I am already past the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I think it is related to the way permissions are handled with the campaign DB so I need to adjust the way I did the fix for exhaustion. I have a good idea how to accomplish it unfortunately it won't make this Tuesday's release since I am already past the deadline.
    Nice, that's ok about the update, it's not that big a deal to drag/drop the dice to the token or ct entry.

I have found the same thing. However, the GM rolling an attack from the same link in the CT seems to unlock it and allows the players to roll their own.

It is related to the fact that the players rolling is trying to create some new node that they don't have access to. I do have it fixed and have someone testing to verify it. If so it should be available on Tuesday.

As Arion says, the GM rolling a melee, missile and spell attack for each character should allow the players to do it from that point on. Sorry about the trouble.

Dakadin - the gang are due to test this fully on Friday night but from what I can see so far ... I think you've fixed it.
    1) Items that were GM/Player creations that were appearing as "Unidentified" - fixed
    2) Combat Tables not being found by items (thus could not pop open the Table Resolver) - fixed

Those were the two mishaps that we encountered last session ... but in truth, we worked around them ... and from a GMs perspective, "the party happily lurch towards a tpk having uncovered a lat of Shards."

Roll on Friday (sorry).

Thread Information