DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adventure Path Vendor Item Lists -- How do you share with players?

We've just started playing Starfinder in FG and we keep running into "How do we do this" problems. So far we've managed to stumble through a bunch of them, but one we haven't had any luck figuring out is sharing the vendor item list to players. For other things we have been making copies and then sharing copies, but we can't figure out what kind of items these vendor lists are, which means we can't create a copy, which means we can't share them to players.

Is there a way to share a usable vendor item list to players, or is this some kind of weird GM thing unique to FG's Starfinder implementation?

Quote Originally Posted by fubeca150 View Post
    We've just started playing Starfinder in FG and we keep running into "How do we do this" problems. So far we've managed to stumble through a bunch of them, but one we haven't had any luck figuring out is sharing the vendor item list to players. For other things we have been making copies and then sharing copies, but we can't figure out what kind of items these vendor lists are, which means we can't create a copy, which means we can't share them to players.

Is there a way to share a usable vendor item list to players, or is this some kind of weird GM thing unique to FG's Starfinder implementation?
    When you say vendor list are you talking about a GM created list of currently allowed items Players can purchase or do you mean a "Vendor List" in a AP/Module?

If I have a vendor that only offered a limited list of items, I would create a "Story" with links to the items with pricing and share the "Story" with the Party.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    When you say vendor list are you talking about a GM created list of currently allowed items Players can purchase or do you mean a "Vendor List" in a AP/Module?
    I meant the "Vendor List" in the AP/Module. When the GM links it to players, it's empty. I guess dragging a bunch of stuff to stories "works", but I thought the point of buying all these modules is to reduce that kind of effort. We're all new to Starfinder in FG, though, and we've been really struggling with every single stage of play compared to the other rulesets we've been using.

Are you talking about the vendor lists in Against the Aeon Throne book two (I am not sure). If so, I was not able to share them as well. I just copied the items to a story entry and shared them with the players that way.

On a side note. I would love to see some sort of shop function get implemented at some point.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information