DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can I designate damage reduction (DR/) in the D&D Classic ruleset

Code:
    Is there a way I emulate damage reduction mechanic in the the D&D Classic ruleset?

Hi, all. I'm a fan of the DR mechanic and wonder if there's a way I can implement this for my monsters in my campaign. I'm new to FGU, and thought I'd check this out. 

Thank you in advance for your insight! Tom

I believe you could use the "RESIST" effect for this. The format is "RESIST: n damagetype", where n is how much damage reduction you want and "damagetype" is the type of damage to reduce (or all if you just leave it blank).

Examples:

RESIST: 2 fire -- The character with this effect would take 2 less fire damage
    RESIST: 3 bludgeoning, piercing, slashing -- The character with this effect would take 3 less damage from bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing weapons
    RESIST: 1 -- The character would take 1 less damage from all sources

Lastly, I believe you can leave the number off, and it turns into a "take half damage" sort of thing, so if you had:

RESIST: fire -- You'd take half of the damage you normally would from fire.

You can read more about the available effects here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ence+-+Effects

Thanks a lot, Sterno!

Quote Originally Posted by thendrich View Post
    Code:
    Is there a way I emulate damage reduction mechanic in the the D&D Classic ruleset?

Hi, all. I'm a fan of the DR mechanic and wonder if there's a way I can implement this for my monsters in my campaign. I'm new to FGU, and thought I'd check this out. 

Thank you in advance for your insight! Tom
    There are a large list of effects that allows you to set up various resists. You can find them on the document site here. It also has some examples on the different types.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thank you, Celestian!

Thread Information