DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'll add my endorsement to the good advice given already. The digital books in FG are really all you need , you don't have to buy any physical book. So i agree first try that to see if you like just the digital.

As for me , well I like both so yes i spent a lot on this hobby i get the hard copy and the fg version.

Why? Well because I'm strange...kidding. (i think). I just like my way of writing or planning adventures. I use the fg material to create the session in fg but i dont like sitting at the computer reading from a screen all the time ...i have eye issues for one but i wont get into that too deep...and i work in IT so im already looking at screens all day at work. Its nice to sit on my couch in comfort with the hard copies and take notes, plan, write using the material in the book etc.

My method is slow. But its much more comfortable for me than sitting at my computer everytime i want to read or lookup something.

Also my last step is setting up my fantasy grounds for the new campaign or session. Everything is thought out written downed or planned first. When im in front of fantasy grounds its just data entry type stuff transferring everything to fg..

For me, I agree that the digital books are a solid option, but personally I wouldn't want to be without my physical copies of at least the Player's Handbook and Monster Manual. If I started over, knowing what I know, I'd still buy both. I have a physical copy of the Dungeon Master's Guide, but I think that could be adequately replaced by a digital copy, as I find I'm generally looking up something specific and not really browsing.
    In terms of module books, we're running Lost Mine of Phandelver and I think a physical copy is entirely superfluous, the digital version is great.

Thread Information