FG Spreadshirt Swag

In the character sheet, how does function "DMG" on attribute ?

Hello,

On the character sheet, Strength score is 12, bonus is calculated at +1.

When I set DMG at 2, bonus falls down to 0. That's ok.
    But when I set DMG at 1 only, bonus stays at +1. It's a bug ?

Pathfinder 1e only applies penalties in steps of 2 damage - it doesn't actually adjust the base stat. 2 damage = -1 modifier, 4 damage = -2 modifier, etc..

So the ruleset is operating correctly.

Full details here: https://www.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Na...al%20Abilities
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I know, but a score of 10 or 11 gives a bonus of +0.
    So, when the score of 12 gets a damage of 1, the score falls to 11, and then the bonus must falls to +0 too

You confuse damage with drain. A damage of one does not do anything, a damage of 2 reduces the mod (!) by one The damage does not reduce the actual ability score as it does in 3.5e

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlock View Post
    I know, but a score of 10 or 11 gives a bonus of +0.
    So, when the score of 12 gets a damage of 1, the score falls to 11, and then the bonus must falls to +0 too
    The information I provided above is correct, as is the functionality of the ruleset. As @Kelrugem says, you may be confusing drain with damage. The section of the PRD I link above contains full details on this (scroll down the page to see the entry text).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

omg, I play with PFPRG since five years al least, and I did'nt notice that this rule changed ! Shame on me !
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Jimlock; February 3rd, 2021 at 14:02.

Yep, it’s a common oversight.

FG will keep you right! :-)

Thread Information