DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 18 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    I could be wrong. If Celestian's been getting rich off 2E content, he can correct the record. I've seen the amount of time he's put into the system though and while I don't see sales stats, I have seen usage stats, and I can't believe he's doing it for any reason other than love of the game.
    Point taken! I think first and foremost Fantasy Grounds itself has to expand and get a larger user base. I know lots of old school gamers who would buy a 1E edition of all core books, IF they would get on FG in the first place. I can only say if it is made I will buy it. I need to start with supporting the 2E collection though, I was very happy to see it had been made. best way to get to a 1E release is supporting successful 2E sales. looking for a 2E game BTW... Pref Greyhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker73 View Post
    Point taken! I think first and foremost Fantasy Grounds itself has to expand and get a larger user base. I know lots of old school gamers who would buy a 1E edition of all core books, IF they would get on FG in the first place. I can only say if it is made I will buy it. I need to start with supporting the 2E collection though, I was very happy to see it had been made. best way to get to a 1E release is supporting successful 2E sales. looking for a 2E game BTW... Pref Greyhawk.
    Hey Hawker,

i honestly would love to convert as much as i can however it is very time consuming if you ever converted any module or rule-books yourself.

If i was unemployed during this pandemic, i would have cracked on the spell compendium books etc... however it is very labour intensive for very little reward (i am not talking financially here, there are just a very small number of people interested in this product for the amount of time to invest). And since i am a health care worker working full time and have a partner... i have to be smart with my spare time. The irony is i don t even play or DM but own all 2E modules and rulebooks.

My take on 2E is that it s the best bang for your bucks, you have a committed
    developer (Celestian) and Sterno (who have been providing extra features) and both these guys gave 2E serious capability that some other rule sets don t have (even by buying all these paying ext and mod out there) for free or nearly free (the commission and sale numbers are very small trust me). I am supporting 2E and these guys to the best i can since i have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

For the little story i restarted playing DnD with 5E with my childhood friends (due to its simplistic rules) last year after a 30 years hiatus however its half baked automation requiring to purchase all these ext and mod to make it enjoyable and efficient in FG made me move to AD&D 2E due to built in features and the altruistic people developing it. It suits me better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    If people create the content, it will be because they love the system, not because they're looking at it from a business standpoint.
    This!
    I already have a day job and a family, and what i do in FG, i do simply for the fun of doing it and for like-minded folks to enjoy.
    I have taken on a handful of the available MCs and two are already somewhere "in the pipeline"
    The other stuff is more likely to arrive at the end of the year, when the light of day shortens and mists gather around the land...

Would be nice to see Queen's Harvest and King's Festival....great intro adventures for your new players and DM's

Dwarves Handbook
    Complete Book of Gnomes and Halflings
    Humanoids Handbook
    Necromancers Handbook
    Demihumans of the realms
    Warriors and Priests of the realms
    Wizards and rogues of the realms
    Dwarves Deep

Encyclopedia Magic 1-4
    Priests 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by readymeal View Post
    Hey Hawker,

i honestly would love to convert as much as i can however it is very time consuming if you ever converted any module or rule-books yourself.

If i was unemployed during this pandemic, i would have cracked on the spell compendium books etc... however it is very labour intensive for very little reward (i am not talking financially here, there are just a very small number of people interested in this product for the amount of time to invest). And since i am a health care worker working full time and have a partner... i have to be smart with my spare time. The irony is i don t even play or DM but own all 2E modules and rulebooks.

My take on 2E is that it s the best bang for your bucks, you have a committed
    developer (Celestian) and Sterno (who have been providing extra features) and both these guys gave 2E serious capability that some other rule sets don t have (even by buying all these paying ext and mod out there) for free or nearly free (the commission and sale numbers are very small trust me). I am supporting 2E and these guys to the best i can since i have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

For the little story i restarted playing DnD with 5E with my childhood friends (due to its simplistic rules) last year after a 30 years hiatus however its half baked automation requiring to purchase all these ext and mod to make it enjoyable and efficient in FG made me move to AD&D 2E due to built in features and the altruistic people developing it. It suits me better this way.
    Similar story here...picked up 5E and played for the first time in 30 years as well. Converted some 1E adventures to 5E, but then grew tired of 5E because it is so simple and the automation half baked unless you purchase mods to fill the gaps.

My group has shifted to using the 2E ruleset with Celestian's and Sterno's extensions to get as close to 1E as possible. Running Ruins of Adventure now and will follow up with Curse of the Azure Bonds.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Hello, I would like to see AD&D Oriental Adventures done up on here. That would be awesome! And Fiend Folio. Epic goodness. No matter what though, I thank you all for the hard work you are doing at putting some of this stuff out. Cheers, ryan

I would love to see some good old Ravenloft stuff, the setting, the adventures, and everything in between!

Quick update,

some members of the 2E community have listened to your suggestions and have started converting modules. Feel free to join us. If everyone converts a bunch...

B11 is just out and other Basic and Expert adventures are in the pipeline.

the first MC is out as well... more should follow as well as some associated box set...

some handbooks are still work in progress and finally some free OSRIC supplements are also being developed.

It could be other stuff of course...

Thread Information