STAR TREK 2d20

Hidden Feats - possible heritage automation workaround?

Hey so bear with me if I am repeating some questions that have previously been answered. I have read several threads here and there, but haven't read everything.

I was curious if there was a way for me to have a heritage feature link out to a hidden feat. This way the feat wasn't visible during level ups and such (or even GM only visible). I understand I can simply place a prerequisite of 'CHARACTER CREATION, X HERITAGE' or whatever. Just curious if there was a way for me to make a hidden feat which I could then link within the feature, to make it easier to apply to a PC.

EDIT: It turns out I was just using the wrong syntax for the automations within the Heritage Features. I was able to figure out how to make it work the right way instead of the proposed hacky workaround.

dbnumber:hp.misc:+2
    The above was not the right way to modify a Hold-Scarred Orc's ancestry HP from d10 to d12. The correct way to do it was...

dbnumber.hp.ancestry:=12
    In addition I was able to chain two different automations together separated by a semicolon like so
    dbnumber.hp.ancestry:=12;dbnumber.hp.miscperlevel: =+1
    Just in case anyone was curious.
    Last edited by DaddyNugget; February 3rd, 2021 at 02:15. Reason: Realized my error and noted solution.

The best place to look at things like this is similar entries in the Core Rules module. For example, the Unbreakable Goblin heritage sets the ancestry HP to 10 (rather than the usual 6 for a goblin).

Note that the format of these automation strings will be changing slightly, and greatly expanding, in the upcoming Release 18 of the ruleset (no definite ETA yet as there are lots of moving parts).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will dig into the Core Rules module next, thanks for the tip. I copied the 'Hold-Scarred Orc' heritage but it did not have the automation applied, so I didn't see it.

I also found other things in the PFRPG2 ruleset (the license.html file says PFRPG, not PFRPG2 for instance). I should be reporting those on the bugs thread correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNugget View Post
    I also found other things in the PFRPG2 ruleset (the license.html file says PFRPG, not PFRPG2 for instance). I should be reporting those on the bugs thread correct?
    Yes please.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information