FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New to CC ...

New to CC ...

Dear all,

just started with CC and created a 1st char.
    As it seems, handbook does really not explaon everything, or, I dont find everything in it

Questions:
    - What does Tch and SR mean ?
    - Why is my DEX 13 , but in combat sheet its 15 ?

More questions to come for sure

Tch = Touch AC
    SR = Spell Resistance (kinda like an AC for spells)
    "-Dex" shows the AC without Dex, it's not listing your Dex.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will just use this thread to ask more of my noob questions.

Question:
    - In monster description there is "Treasure" and a number or NIL. Does this mean when for example Treasure =1 that I have to roll in treasure table "4.1 Potions" from player handbook for the treasure ? If so, this treasure refers to a stack of this monsters as displayed in "#encountered" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noonien View Post
    - In monster description there is "Treasure" and a number or NIL. Does this mean when for example Treasure =1 that I have to roll in treasure table "4.1 Potions" from player handbook for the treasure ? If so, this treasure refers to a stack of this monsters as displayed in "#encountered" ?
    See "TABLE 1.0: TREASURE" in the Monsters & Treasure "Reference Manual" for the various "% to have" and what might be found for the various treasure types.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Spell Resistance is discussed in The Castle Keeper & The Game chapter and has it's own page. The TL;DR is that if a spell has Spell Resist: yes (many are 'no') then that's where the SR roll is applied. All creatures have a default SR of 1 (the ruleset defaults to 0 so watch that one). The caster must make a SR check 1d20 and roll equal or higher to the 'victim' Spell Resist. (It's almost like a sort of reverse saving throw.) If caster rolls less than SR, the spell is resisted and has no effect. If the caster beats the SR though, the SR effects are applied first then the victim rolls a saving throw.

Touch Attack is described in that same chapter, at the bottom of the Unarmed Combat page. Basically for a touch attack your armor is not applied and the defender has a "touch AC" of 10 + dexterity modifiers. Monsters are just AC 10.
    Last edited by Talyn; February 1st, 2021 at 20:55.

Next question:
    Armor -->
    Scale mail includes leather coif and has AC 4.
    Does this mean that scale mail + leather coif together is ac4 or that I get an leather coif for free when buying scale mail and add additional +1 ac for the helmet. So in complete Ac5
    If so, could I also buy a for example normal helmet that has ac5 and wear this together with scale mail so that I have AC4+AC5 = AC9 ?

Blog Entries
    The AC would just be 4 unless it's a called shot (or just narratively, however you choose) to the head, and only then does the extra +1 AC come into play. Again, check the Players Handbook in the same chapter as above the page is called Armor Class and goes into all that, and shields as well.

You may also be interested in grabbing the 7th printing (most current) Players Handbook PDF from the TLG Store -- it's been free since the pandemic started and that's a great way to have a free official PDF for yourself and your friends to refer to outside of Fantasy Grounds.

Thx ,and PDf downloaded and read

New Question:
    Is there a way that I can edit the players handbook or parts of it ?
    For example I want to translate abilities, so that the people in our group can read in diffrent language.

Last edited by Noonien; February 3rd, 2021 at 19:16.

Thread Information