STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    All of the steps needed to reproduce the "attempt to call field 'updateAttributesHelper' (a nil value)" issue.

Step 0 - Run FGU ...
    FGU: v4.0.9 ULTIMATE (2021-01-26)
    GRAPHICS: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.40.0, 5.10.11-200.fc33.x86_64, LLVM 11.0.0) : 7328

Step 1 - create a new SFRPG Campaign ...
    Step 2 - load modules:
    MODULE LOAD - 7.27445 - Starfinder Core Rulebook
    MODULE LOAD - 0.544263 - Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station
    MODULE LOAD - 0.043495 - Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station, Player's Resources

Step 3 - create missing Sunrise Maiden "PC Ships" item for PCs to use
    Open up the Sunrise Maiden NPC ship steps...
    a) Open up the Data ... on the left, select "Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station"
    b) on the right, hover over the "dot...Paizo Icon" until you see the hand, then click to open the "Starships" data inside of the "Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station" module
    c) in the Starships window, hover over the "dot...Paizo Icon" until you see the hand, then click to open the "Sunrise Maiden" NPC Starship to use as a reference to make the PC Ship

... clean up windows no longer needed ...

Click the "PC Ships" banner to open the "Characeter Starships" window.
    Click the "Ship Items" button to open the "Starship Items" window.
    Edit list on the "Characeter Starships" window and then click add item to open up a blank PC Ship window.

Set Tier to 3 to match the "Sunrise Maiden" NPC ship.
    Type in "Sunrise Maiden" into Starship Name.
    Type in "Sanjaval Spaceflight Systems Vagabond" into Make & Model.

There is no "Explorer" Starship frame with an extra light weapon mount (aft), and there's no way to modify the frame; so, we must create a custom frame to inlude this modification.

Drag and drop "Explorer" from "Starship Items" with "Starship Frame" Type filtering enabled back to the "Starship Items" window, which will create an "Explorer" frame with "blank" for the source book. I always add a new "group" to put custom items into a group. I used the group name "Custom" for the "Explorer" frame with "blank" for the source book. I use drag and drop to put "Explorer" frame with "blank" for the source book into Custom. Rename the frame to "Modified Explorer" and modify the Mounts to match the NPC Sunrise Maiden.

Drag the "Modified Explorer" starship frame to the "Sunrise Maiden" PC Starship Sheet.
    BP:12, Size: Medium, Maneuverability: Good (+1 Piloting, Turn 1) are all auto-populated.

Add all of the other systems and such from the NPC Sunrise Maiden to the PC Ship Sunrise Maiden by dragging and dropping from Starship Items.
    Shields 60
    Signal Basic
    Pulse Green
    Basic medium-range
    Crew Quarters,Good
    Mk 3 armor
    Mk 3 defenses
    Mk 1 duonode
    Cargo hold
    Cargo hold ... which becomes Cargo hold #2
    Escape pods
    M10 thrusters
    Flak thrower ... picked Aft (custom frame is working so far)
    Light laser cannon ... picked port
    Light laser cannon ... pikced starboard ... which becomes Light laser cannon #2
    Light particle beam ... picked turret

There is no "custom recreation suite incorporating both a gym and a holographic amusement chamber;" so, I must create a custom item. I used the same basic method that I used to create the custom frame as I did to create the Custom Expansion Bay: Recreation suite ,gym & HAC.

The last step is to add a token from the PC Sunrise Maiden ship by dragging the token from the NPC ship to the PC ship.

We are now ready to test.
    Import 5 PCs to use as crew members.
    Add them to the party sheet.
    Add the Sunrise Maiden to the party sheet. Drag and drop from "Character Ships" to the Ships tab. Now, you can see the circled P in the "Character Ships" window next to Sunrise Maiden indicating that it's shared.
    Drag and drop PCs from the "Character Selection" window into the "Ships" tab of the "Party Sheet" where each PC fills a role.
    PC Ship is now all set to go for the test.

Open up "Map: Space" of "Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station" module
    Open up the "Ship Combat Tracker" window
    Drag and drop the PC ship on to the "Ship Combat Tracker" window from the "Party Sheet" - "Ships" tab
    Drag and drop the NPC ship "Stiletto" of "Dead Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station" module on to the "Ship Combat Tracker" window and make it visible
    Drag and drop ships from the "Ship Combat Tracker" window on to "Map: Space"

Verify targeting... check
    Verify rolling through to Gunnery Phase of Round one.
    Do Gunnery phase ...

Ship targeting isn't working, as the hits released the selected weapons before damage ws rolled... but drag and drop does work for damaged rolled when untargeted

Round 2 is ready
    Close all FGU windows

... test for that error ...

Open "Map: Space"
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:532: attempt to call field 'updateAttributesHelper' (a nil value)

@Moon Wizard ...

I don't use Ubuntu, but it's essentially Debian, and I did test Mint. Mint is basically Ubuntu with Cinnamon. But, from my confab with Unity developers online, they all seem to indicate that it's most likely a misuse of Unity and not a Unity issue. But, without coredumps they cannot help me at all.

Seems like I could give you what you need to fix this problem, if I had a debug version of FGU to run so that stack traces aren't useless. My players and I are really tired of random crashes, as it always seems to happen at the worst time and cause data loss; so, we like to help ourselves, but we need help from SmiteWorks. We have no power other asking for help here or wwitching to something else like foundry.

I should create a bug using this https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tomer/portals?

Also, I'm starting to get pressure from my Players to get our money back for all of the SFRPG Paizo content that we bought over the years while playing D&D waiting for the right time to start our Starfinder game. Is SmiteWorks kind to its users in this regard? We just want to enjoy our free time together playing games, and I hope you will understand, empathize, and help us at least get back some of our game nest egg, if that's all that can be done.

Please ... Please ... Help with something to tell my Players next week before the first crash besides ... It's someone else's problem or we are working on it. I'm getting jeered pretty hard when I pass that along.
    Last edited by smelton; February 2nd, 2021 at 19:06.

First thing to do is make sure your video drivers are update or on a compatible with Unity .. most of the Linux crashes I have seen, with the exception of one for which I have an open bug report with Unity, have been related to video drivers. I've had some users have to downgrade drivers or switch to the open source version because the vendor drivers caused crashes.

Next time you crash, please compile the logs and submit them. You can do that by clicking the button in the upper left corner of the launcher screen and clicking the Compile Logs button, or when on the VTT, type /console in the chat box and then clicking Compile Logs. The zip file will contain all of the log files for the current and previous sessions of FGU and the contents of those logs will provide context for the error messages. You can open a support ticket and attach the logs if you prefer.
    Last edited by smelton; February 4th, 2021 at 04:06.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    First think to do is make sure your video drivers are update or on a compatible with Unity .. most of the Linux crashes I have seen, with the exception of one for which I have an open bug report with Unity, have been related to video drivers. I've had some users have to downgrade drivers or switch to the open source version because the vendor drivers caused crashes.

Next time you crash, please compile the logs and submit them. You can do that by clicking the button in the upper left corner of the launcher screen and clicking the Compile Logs button, or when on the VTT, type /console in the chat box and then clicking Compile Logs. The zip file will contain all of the log files for the current and previous sessions of FGU and the contents of those logs will provide context for the error messages. You can open a support ticket and attach the logs if you prefer.
    That's the beauty of using an AMD based video card with a FOSS only Linux client. There are no video drivers to install or manage. So, as long as your Linux distro is up to date, so are your drivers. I usually update daily.

FGU crashes trigger the collection and tar.gz archival... Here are several: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4pt6l2tmv...FTb-pYmfa?dl=0
    Last edited by kalaolani; February 4th, 2021 at 02:58.

There is a couple of log files missing .. try using the Compile Logs button to see if it picks it up.

After a couple of sessions with no combat using a shared map (PC or starship), we again experienced an FGU crash. One player was interacting with a shared map when FGU crashed. The player was about to target an enemy when FGU crashed on the GM side. Logs were gathered using the FGU button, after relaunching FGU and while reloading the campaign. The campaign.xml, extensionstate.xml, modulestate.xml, and console-prev.log seem to verify that no extensions, and only FG/Piazo paid content is in use. The console-prev.log file doesn't seem to have anything of interest, but Player-prev.log seems to indicate that a caught fatal signal is what caused the crash.

Log Files: fgu_logs_20210214_SFRPG_crash.zip - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2j1muz65k...crash.zip?dl=0

Based on advice from the FGU support Discord channel, we are now using the Test Channel version. After leaving FGU up for about 6 hours, FGU appears to crashes.

Thread 1 (Thread 0x7fab5708f740 (LWP 649290) "FantasyGrounds."):
    #0 0x00007fab571a255d in syscall () at /lib64/libc.so.6
    #1 0x00007fab5855ef5e in vp8_loop_filter_bv_y_sse2 () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #2 0x00007fab57ab7d69 in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #3 0x00007fab57aa0198 in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #4 0x00007fab57aa00af in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #5 0x00007fab57c4c6a8 in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #6 0x00007fab57c5ee19 in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #7 0x00007fab57e23bdc in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #8 0x00007fab57e1e66e in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #9 0x00007fab57e1e6b1 in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #10 0x00007fab57e1ebca in () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #11 0x00007fab57fba584 in PlayerMain(int, char**) () at /home/david/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    #12 0x00007fab570ce1e2 in __libc_start_main () at /lib64/libc.so.6
    #13 0x0000000000400569 in ()
    [Inferior 1 (process 649290) detached]

================================================== ===============
    Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    used by your application.
    ================================================== ===============

Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:128 errno:0 addrnil)
    Obtained 3 stack frames.
    #0 0x007fab572851e0 in funlockfile
    #1 0x007fab57b127bd in std:air<std::_Rb_tree_iterator<int>, bool> std::_Rb_tree<int, int, std::_Identity<int>, std::less<int>, std::allocator<int> >::_M_insert_unique<int const&>(int const&)
    #2 (nil) in (Unknown)

Compiled Logs from Crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/usit528owa...crash.zip?dl=0

After the crash and subsequent log compilation, there was an update on the Test Channel. After taking this update, FGU was able to stay up for a full 10 hours, and during the 4 hour game session, we had our first crash free SFRPG experience with FGU.

Compiled Logs from No Crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/em86iq2519...crash.zip?dl=0

So ... it looks like the Test channel version is helping with SFRPG and DnD 5E ... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...leset&p=595851

Unfortunately, we have not been able to pinpoint the issue with the Linux Unity build, other than to verify its existence and that it does not happen in Windows/Mac Unity builds. Our next step is to attempt a migration to Unity 2020 LTS engine to hopefully address; but this can't happen before our lighting release.

For now, you should assume that you will not be able to leave the Linux build running for over 4 hours at a time.

Regards,
    JPG

Because of lag problems with the Test version, we rolled back to the live version last Sunday (May 1st). We had two crashes. A crash every two hours.

The build on Apr 29 and May 4 should have had improved performance on most maps. The exception is that using large numbers of tokens or large maps with lots of occluder points can still slow things down (in all versions so far). If you have a map that works well in current Live version but not Test, then we would like to get a copy.

For the Linux crashes, the good news is that our preliminary prototype with Unity 2020 LTS (released recently) seems to address; but the bad news is that we won't be able to move to 2020 Unity until the version after lighting released. Both the Live and Test version appear to have the Linux multi-hour crash issue (based on Unity 2019 LTS, which was the LTS version available when we started lighting update).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information