DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Weve seen people do 8 and 12 hour sessions. But it can be hard to fill. We have also seen shorter 2 hour game sessions and 1-2 hour tutorial/demo sessions.

Blog Entries
    I did four sessions of four hours each a couple of FG Cons ago. It was basically a continuous dungeon delve. A couple of players ran all sessions, but others only came for one or two.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

A stupid question, is there a sweet spot level for the pre-made PC's in FG CON? I don't want to have them with to many options, but also want them with enough to experience a bit of everything. I'm thinking level 4 but not sure - so shopping for a 2nd or 3rd opinion. In past "con" type of game I've DM'ed in FGU I had 6th level but it was with very experienced players I knew.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    A stupid question, is there a sweet spot level for the pre-made PC's in FG CON? I don't want to have them with to many options, but also want them with enough to experience a bit of everything. I'm thinking level 4 but not sure - so shopping for a 2nd or 3rd opinion. In past "con" type of game I've DM'ed in FGU I had 6th level but it was with very experienced players I knew.
    Depends. If you are targeting new players, then second level. More HP, but not much more in the way of additional complexity (options). For experienced players, I think level 5 or 6 is pretty good; I always like the option of a fireball!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Depends. If you are targeting new players, then second level. More HP, but not much more in the way of additional complexity (options). For experienced players, I think level 5 or 6 is pretty good; I always like the option of a fireball!
    Do you just state the level of the pregens and they take it to mean only experienced players, or is that something you specify in the signups for this?

Blog Entries
    If you want experienced players only you should specify that in the Game Ad.
    We generally encourage people to run stuff that newcomers will be welcome to join in on however what you run is really up to you.

Generally aim for a 3 or 4 encounter scenario and you would expect that to run in 3/3.5 or 4/4.5 hours.
    If you have run the scenario before and have a better idea on its length that is fine too.
    Generally its best to add 30mins to the expected run time rather than risk people having to leave because another game they are playing in is starting.

I tend to agree - 2nd/3rd level toons are less likely to die in the first encounter - it is a one shot you are allowed to kill them - and having a fireball (level 5/6) is always handy in the final scene.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Do you just state the level of the pregens and they take it to mean only experienced players, or is that something you specify in the signups for this?
    You should always specify what you want, expect and mean. This is the Internet - lots of people don't read much so even if you state things people might not take it in, but don't ever make assumptions when advertising a game - state what you're aiming for and what you expect.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 1st, 2021 at 10:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks like yet again, I am the first to submit adventure for FG Con (like I did the for the first one!)

I know other people may has submitted as well, but as there are no adventures showing yet I am going to claim it
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Looks like yet again, I am the first to submit adventure for FG Con (like I did the for the first one!)

I know other people may has submitted as well, but as there are no adventures showing yet I am going to claim it
    I was under the impression the web site was not ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post

Look at you Mr. Speedy Pants! Trying to keep your record going?

It won't get approved for a couple of weeks, and you may have to change it, but thanks for posting...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information