January 28th, 2021, 14:07 #1
FG Con 16 - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021. Starting around 5pm New Zealand time on the Friday and ending around midnight Hawaii time on the Sunday - over 72 hours of gaming.
FG Con 16 is now open for GM event submissions!
Player sign ups starts Friday March 19th.
If you want to run an event you can find GM guidelines here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/gm-guidelines/ which includes a link to a PDF file that steps the GM through how to register and submit their game. Please read the guidelines and follow the steps in the PDF to submit your event. And remember - as a GM submitting your game you must enter the times in the GMT/UTC 0 time zone - the event submission form won't read your profile timezone, but once the event is approved, prospective players will see the even time adjust to their profile time zone.
FG Con 16 is the first time when we’ll have games being ran on two different versions of Fantasy Grounds – Unity (FGU) and Classic (FGC). It’s expected that most games will be ran using FGU, but there is nothing stopping a GM running a game using FGC – just please be very clear that your players need FG Classic to join your game, and you will need your own Ultimate license to run games, there isn’t a Standard to Ultimate upgrade like there has been in previous years.
To run a game at FG Con you must have an Ultimate license for the version you’re going to use. For FGU SmiteWorks are offering a free three month Ultimate license subscription to those running events, for FGC there is no offer and you must own a FGC Ultimate license to run a game on FGC at FG Con 16.
The free three month FGU Ultimate license is handled through a SmiteWorks portal, with a unique code provided by the FG Con admins once your submitted event has been reviewed and approved. If you wish to take advantage of this please email [email protected] requesting your code, include your FG Con username so we can match your request to an event.
Any questions regarding FG Con please post below or email [email protected]. A big thanks in advance to all those who will take part!
Please spread the word to make people aware and GMs - start planning your game/s...
A few things to keep in mind for FG Con:
- Run the games using Fantasy Grounds, and the “live” setting. The GM should have an Ultimate license - SmiteWorks will provide a free three month FG Unity Ultimate subscription for those running an event.
- We will be having session ran on both FGC (Classic) and FGU (Unity). GMs - remember to enter which version you'll be running when you submit your event. Players - make sure you verify which version of FG you'll need for a session.
- Run each session in a designated time slot - the length and start time is up to you. Keep to this time slot to allow players the chance to take part in as many events as possible - try to start on time and don't overrun!
- Use the FG Con website and event booking system. You can advertise events elsewhere (we encourage that), but all event listings and player booking have to be through the FG Con site. GMs are required to enter their own events so that they have full access to player bookings for review and communication. GMs are required to communicate with their players for pre-event confirmation and coordination.
- Use the FG Con designated Discord server for in-session communications.
- Only run games during the weekend of Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021.
- Abide by the instructions and directions of the FG Con admin team.
- Keep it simple for players to sign-up and participate. Have pregens ready, try not to have too complex pre-game player preparation. A lot of convention players just want to turn up and play - help them do that.
- Try to keep games fairly newbie friendly - we get a lot of people trying out Fantasy Grounds and new RPG systems. If you expect a certain level of knowledge of FG or the system you're running, be very clear in your event post and subsequent communications.
FG Con is a great way to meet other online players and GMs, try games you've never played before and get to know Fantasy Grounds - we can all learn more from seeing a different GM in action.
More info to come in due course... The main organisers have been super busy recently...
Last edited by Trenloe; February 25th, 2021 at 18:56.Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!
January 28th, 2021, 16:16 #2
Awesome! I am already off work during these days! Time to consider what to run!FGU Ultimate License
FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
Playing - Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
My Forge Creations
January 28th, 2021, 16:17 #3Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!
January 28th, 2021, 16:39 #4
- Join Date
- May 2015
- -7 UTC
- Blog Entries
Excellent! So glad to see FG Con has returned! Now what shall I run...? What's going to be run that I can play in...?
Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.
January 29th, 2021, 23:36 #5
Curious - if one were to run a FGU 5e game with pregens can they use their own extensions? Or is that forbidden? What are the game time slots (how long is a game expected to last). Ah I just now noticed a signature with www.fg-con.com - I assume that is the correct place to look? Might want to move that to text body - I rarely read signatures and just caught it further down in another reply.
January 29th, 2021, 23:59 #6
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Blog Entries
Players cannot load extensions...?
You can run ANYTHING so long as its running on FG and its not R Rated.
There are no timeslots however ALO and PFS/SFS may choose to run in Timeslots to make it easier for players to line up games.
GMs and Players participate from all over the world so US timeslots often do not assist people in other timezones.
January 30th, 2021, 00:04 #7
And I was not asking about "timezones" but duration of the play.
January 30th, 2021, 00:07 #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Blog Entries
You can 100% use all of your amazing extensions.
You can also do things like run tutorials or demonstrations etc - anything FG gaming related.
January 30th, 2021, 00:10 #9
January 30th, 2021, 00:22 #10
Session start time and length of session is up to the GM (see bullet point three in the first post). Most convention slots are between 3 and 5 hours. 3 is really just enough for a couple of encounters once you get everyone sorted out and ready to play. Shorter sessions are good for introductions/new user sessions. The sweet spot is usually 4 hours, with 5 sometimes being a little on the long side for most people.Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)