DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    What does 5e Spell Automation do? Does it modify text going to the Chat Box too?

I didn't find a 5E Extension with the name "Spell Automation" in the 5E Extensions thread. If you'll point me to the extension we might be able to deal with this with a simple "loadorder" change. (Please provide link to the extension's thread, please don't provide a copy, since extensions change over time.)
    Hi - its here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ell+automation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I disabled 5e - Spell Automation and it worked. I will contact the developer of that extension.
    I have tried to verify your claim and cannot. Here is a screenshot of what I have done.
    Untitled.png
    1) loaded both extensions, and only these two extensions (blue box on screenshot)
    2) set language to Abyssal in chat box (red box on screenshot)
    3) had Bruner speak in Dwarvish, my extension, ASLE, translated it, but no one understood (red line in screenshot)
    4) had ASLE translate the Spellbook to Gnomish, and Tom Slick understood it (second red line in screenshot)

To my mind, this verifies that the two extensions work fine together, and that you have something else in play.

I added an additional test, which is what I tacked on to the above image with a snippet of a second screenshot.
    1) I set the language to Gnomish in the Chat Box, a language Tom Slick understands (orange box in screenshot)
    2) I used Baba Yaga to speak, note there is no "Translate to ..." phrase in the Chat Frame, so ASLE is not employed.
    3) Baba Yaga's spoken words are translated and understood (the default behavior of Fantasy Grounds) (orange line in screenshot)

So the default behavior of Fantasy Grounds is observed with both extensions loaded.

Something you might try:
    1) add an additional language to your test PC, one that comes with the rulesets (i.e. not Ancients)
    2) set the Chat Box dropdown to the additional language
    3) test using a chat frame with only text, it should not be translated
    4) test using a chat frame with an Assigned Speaker (but no "Translate to" phrase)
    5) then repeat this with your Ancients language

With a language selected in the dropdown and a Speaker Assigned in the Chat Frame, the Chat Frame text should be translated (which is Fantasy Grounds' default behavior). If the PC understands the selected language, then it should understand the translation (irregardless of ASLE, since it is FG default behavior).

What I am wondering is, maybe the "Ancients", non default language, is playing a role in this, and if so to what degree.

[EDIT] Also, I am doing all this in FGU not Classic.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 2nd, 2021 at 16:05.

Ancients was used in my final screen shot - it was originally Draconic and Abyssal languages where I noticed the error.

EDIT: I dont use Classic anymore.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 2nd, 2021 at 18:09.

Blog Entries
    @Jiminimonka
    Were my suggestions of any help? I can’t fix what I can’t observe, and I was not able to repeat the problem you’ve mentioned. Please keep me apprised.

[EDIT] I tried again this AM (Thursday, Feb 4), ensuring I had the latest versions of FGU, Spell Automation, and ASLE, and saw no odd behavior. ASLE worked as expected.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 4th, 2021 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @Jiminimonka
    Were my suggestions of any help? I can’t fix what I can’t observe, and I was not able to repeat the problem you’ve mentioned. Please keep me apprised.

[EDIT] I tried again this AM (Thursday, Feb 4), ensuring I had the latest versions of FGU, Spell Automation, and ASLE, and saw no odd behavior. ASLE worked as expected.
    I have been busy making a map - starting to this now - will report back tomorrow.

food.jpg

Tried with no extension except Automatic Spells and ASLE - no joy.

Gonna make a new campaign and try again.

food.jpg

Tried with no extension except Automatic Spells and ASLE - no joy.

Gonna make a new campaign and try again.

P.S. the reason it's called food.jpg is because on my Discord everyone is talking about food.... making me hungry at midnight!

notfood.png

Absolutely new campaign - nothing but these 2 extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    notfood.png

Absolutely new campaign - nothing but these 2 extensions.
    OK - so here is the problem - I am an Id10T - it only shows when someone is connected to your table.... LOL - sorry about this - nothing to see here, move along, move along... ironic considering the message being translated.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 6th, 2021 at 00:31.

Pretty sweet! Nice Job.

Thread Information