FGCon2021

Need advice regarding picking a class for Castles and Crusades

Starting up in a game with a group I've recently met, and I've never played C&C before. On the surface, it looks fairly D&Dish, but I'm sure in the minutia things get different.

Now, we'll have six players in total. Two of them are half-orc monks, one's a paladin and my girlfriend is going rogue or assassin. No idea what the last one is doing, but I think they hinted at some kind of fighter, which... limits what I can do.

Aside from my natural inclination to go half-orc monk just to utterly annihilate any semblance of balance in the team, I suppose I'm looking at spellcasters. Suggestions? I tend to like pet classes (necromancers, summoners) and/or battlefield control.

If we weren't so... meaty... I'd consider rolling a bard as an inspiring general, but I think we really need som192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l
    ething sparkly and zappy.
    Last edited by austiabrm57; January 30th, 2021 at 15:24.

Blog Entries
    You want to be a meek and mild wizard hiding behind the meat until you learn a few spells.
    Or possibly a Druid...

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Blog Entries
    Hopefully your CK will find ways of impressing upon the group the old "balanced group" approach; at least one from the following general class groups; fighter, cleric, wizard, thief.

As a Cleric you would quite literally be the only thing standing between life and death for the group because eventually everyone gets hurt.

But, there's a lot more to the Cleric than a simple healer - it all depends on how you play them and what your CK does to give the Cleric chances to shine.

Personally, I think you should ask whoever is CKing for your group. While I'd be astonished if Cleric wasn't the answer, a lot depends on the style of the game the CK plans on running.
    DMing since February 1979. FGC & FGU Ultimate License holder.

Currently GMing:
    * C&C Greyhawk | Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg (Monday)
    * Rolemaster Greyhawk (Thursday)
    * AD&D The Village of Hommlet (Saturday)

Thanks for 9+ years of gaming via FG my friends (AD&D 2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e / Traveller 2e)!

Thread Information