STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Yes, when weighing the pros and cons, the removal of the iconography of the sidebar was a big negative for me. However, the sheer weight of the maintenance and ability to make new rulesets/themes was severely hampered by the requirement. You'll notice that several of the changes over the last year were to reduce the overhead of setting up new rulesets/themes.

Regards,
    JPG

Ulric, Moon Wizard; Thank you for the information & updates!

Just checked Dev path, looking at 5e campaign. I like that the sidebar buttons are simple now, but kind of looks "plain" and "uninteresting" now.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

For 5e specifically, ordering of the sidebar could be better. Races should be closer to Backgrounds and Classes, since those are the first 3 options you choose when building a character.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    For 5e specifically, ordering of the sidebar could be better. Races should be closer to Backgrounds and Classes, since those are the first 3 options you choose when building a character.
    Aren't 5e character mainly using the wizard when building characters now though?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Aren't 5e character mainly using the wizard when building characters now though?
    I don't, but that's not to say that it isn't used mainly by many.
    aka Laendra

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Has anyone tried DEV with a Player Client?
    On a player connection I am unable to create Charcaters.
    I just connected. It didn't give the "plus" to add a new character, but the Character Wizard was there (for 5e) and it let me successfully create a character. I definitely don't approve of "forcing" players to use the wizard in the slightest.
    aka Laendra

I just connected. It didn't give the "plus" to add a new character, but the Character Wizard was there (for 5e) and it let me successfully create a character. I definitely don't approve of "forcing" players to use the wizard in the slightest.
    As far as I can see that is also the case for other rulesets, that is, a missing plus button for players even though there is no character wizard So, no worries, that is certainly a bug, and no way of "forcing"; I doubt that the typical character creation gets abandoned, there is not really a reason for that
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 3rd, 2021 at 12:37.

Your DM can setup a blank character sheet and you can take ownership of that sheet to create a character the old fashion way. You are not forced to use the wizard. You are still able to create characters outside of the session as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information