Starfinder Playlist

Isometric Advice

Okay so I bought Curse of Strahd. I am going through the module and come Castle Ravenloft. Every other map is top down, perfect I know how to do that, or can at least figure it out. But Ravenloft is isometric. Now a number of the reasons I went with unity (LoS) are suddenly made moot. So my question to folks is, how did you deal with this particular portion of things in this module. I tried to get another map pack for Raveloft but a few issues were immediate, Occulders hadn't been set (even though it made it sound like they were) and secondly all the super super useful pins weren't set. These are things I COULD do but that is an immense amount of time to invest in a system I am still learning the basics of and for the time I have to before we start the campaign. What were your work arounds? Did you have any or did you muddle through with the less than stellar result of using an isometric grid?

The module only comes with what was in the original published work, which sadly did not include a top down version of the Ravenloft maps. Fortunately there are many top down maps freely available with a quick google search. In those cases (from what I've found) of course, you would have to add the LoS occluders yourself after adding the maps to your campaign. However, I found it to be worth a few bucks to buy the below product from DM's Guild which has high quality maps with occluders built in for FG.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/236...s--Source-Maps

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...of-Strahd-Maps has some decent maps for CoS

and some more here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...181#post263181

The second ones are free and done by Zacchaeus

EDIT: and some more here (in the same thread) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post289539

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    The module only comes with what was in the original published work, which sadly did not include a top down version of the Ravenloft maps. Fortunately there are many top down maps freely available with a quick google search. In those cases (from what I've found) of course, you would have to add the LoS occluders yourself after adding the maps to your campaign. However, I found it to be worth a few bucks to buy the below product from DM's Guild which has high quality maps with occluders built in for FG.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/236...s--Source-Maps
    Okay that is the one that I bought as well. I really loved the layout of it a bunch. And I can place pins no problem. But mine did not have occluders OR more likely I didn't add it correctly. I unzipped the files to my desktop, went into FGU, click on Images and Maps then imported them from the desktop. I am opening the image from there. I am setting the grid but the LoS doesn't work and there appears to be no occluders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Okay that is the one that I bought as well. I really loved the layout of it a bunch. And I can place pins no problem. But mine did not have occluders OR more likely I didn't add it correctly. I unzipped the files to my desktop, went into FGU, click on Images and Maps then imported them from the desktop. I am opening the image from there. I am setting the grid but the LoS doesn't work and there appears to be no occluders.
    I would have thought the author would have provided instructions... I would also assume... that included in the download are some xml files. You will need to put those correctly into your campaign files (manually) so that FG recognizes the LOS elements (since they are not contained within the image file itself.

I'm sure someone will be able to provide more detail if needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Never mind figured it out. I didn't get the .mod. Thank you all for helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Try downloading them again. The files likely have been updated since you originally got them. I just downloaded and tried them, and they work. I have occluders and pins present on all maps. There are two different .mod files that need to be placed in the Unity modules folder. Ravenloft maps.jpg

Thread Information