DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: V5 questions

V5 questions

I have bought the FG Classic with the Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition Ruleset in March, and i have used it, not as much as i would liked, since then, but i have some questions that have appears by using it:

1) there are items that add automatic successes to a roll (weapons), how can these be added? i have implemented the bonuses in the modifiers, as in the items there was no section or way to add the bonus.
    2) The Book Cults if the Blood Gods, gives a new kind of rituals (ceremonies) that are linked to another discipline besides Blood Sorcery. I have inserted these rituals, but its has become a bit har to recognize rituals(blood sorcery) from ceremonies(Oblivion), will a future update allow the division like in the Powers form? or only when books that have these rituals are launched by you guys?
    3) White Wolf Offered in December a pdf (Vampire the Masquerade: Companion) that brought a section of errata and rules updates, that included increasing the blood surge bonus, and Bane severity, is there a way for me to implement these changes or does in needs an update?
    4) i have tried several times to synchronize my steam account but it still does not recognize that i own a copy of fantasy grounds, does the sync only works in one way and do i have to do something on steam to validate my copy?

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by phargoth; January 27th, 2021 at 16:53. Reason: adding ruleset; Vampire: the Masquerade V5

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

These sounds like ruleset specific questions, but I have no idea what ruleset. Please specify so that folks can help. Note, in the future, please post ruleset specific questions in the sub-forum for the ruleset. Thanks!

For Steam, to recognize your FG license, you have to go in Steam and Register your CD Key. Or something like that. Sorry, but I don't use FG on Steam and not sure of the steps, but I know there is one

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the forums phargoth

1) Weapons do not add successes automatically, they add damage automatically. After you roll to determine if the attack hits or misses, you add the weapon modifier to the margin of success, to determine the total damage done.

2) Conceptually, rituals and ceremonies are the same thing, yet they require different rolls to determine success/failure. Inside the Rituals Section, there is a category selector at the top of the tab. I would suggest that you add a separate category for Oblivion Ceremonies. Alternatively, you could also prepend the names of your ceremonies with "C-" to make them easy to pick out of the list.

3) Waiting on official word from Paradox (WW) before the companion updates can be implemented.

4) Did you link your Steam Account here on Fantasy Grounds?

Hope this helps

thanks for the notification, totally forgot about the rule set, already added it to the text

MOD: Moved to VtM 5e forum
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

1) yes... true... and the result of the conflict is with the successes not damage. something that we do unconsciously, but now were overcomplicating. My bad... me and my players, that lost a lot of time thinking on how to solve a problem that never existed ;P
    2) i was using that to separate the sourcebooks from where the several rituals/ceremonies came, was kinda hoping for a rituals form on the likes of the Powers, but ok.
    3) i see, ok!
    4) well, i followed what was on a tutorial, on the FG went to the settings form -> manage -> Link Steam Purchases -> refresh Steam purchases.

I agree that a Ceremony Section would be useful and more user friendly, and would allow for the continued separation by book/source. Perhaps when Cults of the Blood Gods gets released here on Fantasy grounds that could be added?

I just did the Store>Steam Account Sync>Login to Steam with no problems. Well other than the fact that I don't purchase through Steam, so there was no content to Sync.

I know that there can be a delay in communications between Steam and Fantasy Grounds. Fantasy Grounds sends Steam lists of valid licenses that are active. I cannot remember how often this happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    I just did the Store>Steam Account Sync>Login to Steam with no problems. Well other than the fact that I don't purchase through Steam, so there was no content to Sync.
    it's the same browser page, reached from settings, but i did it and will try later. the question is that, some time ago i tried to se if i could buy the Camarilla book there, it was cheaper, but it didn't allowed me because according to them i did not owned Fantasy Grounds, that i bought here. so i guess its more a question of synchronize steam with FG purchases than the other way around

In that case, open the Steam App on your computer. In the top left corner you will see a Games heading, click here. Now you will see an option to Activate a product on Steam, click here. A new window will open, follow the prompts until you get to the Product code entry. Here is where you need to enter your Fantasy Grounds Classic License number. Be sure not to include any extra characters or spaces here, follow prompts and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    In that case, open the Steam App on your computer. In the top left corner you will see a Games heading, click here. Now you will see an option to Activate a product on Steam, click here. A new window will open, follow the prompts until you get to the Product code entry. Here is where you need to enter your Fantasy Grounds Classic License number. Be sure not to include any extra characters or spaces here, follow prompts and you should be good to go.
    Done, already appears on my library. thanks!

Thread Information