DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU on Steam 33,99€

So, I am new to FG and interested in converting from r20. Been DMing for a number of years now. The Unity fx on FGU really got to me, weather and all, so I was thinking to switch over...
    BUT...
    The steep price for being able to host games for my players was keeping me from making the step. I really don't need the books since I homebrew my games, just need the system itself. No maps, no tokens, no books. So I was wondering if there is a "Bones and no Meat" version I can purchase to host games, with the ability to upload pgs and use dynamic lighting and the awesome fx.
    And was wondering if I could do that with the 33,99€ version I found on Steam.
    Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

Yes, all of that you can do on FG, and the steam and version here are the same, but Steam has regional pricing so it can help if you buy there. Although be aware that for the DLC that the purchases are NOT tracked between them so if you start making purchases that are part of a bundle deal you will only want to purchase in one location. Also note that you can buy FG on steam, download from here and use the key supplied in Steam so you don't have any performance drains from running Steam and FG at the same time.

There isn't a reduced functionality license for FG. GM and all players will need a standard license, or the GM will need an ultimate license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I still have no FG, this would be my first purchase. And you are saying with the 33,99€ I can host games for players with the Demo Version and use all the fx provided.
    I don't worry about the performance so much. My games are generally very minimal and more of the ToM variaty

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    And you are saying with the 33,99€ I can host games for players with the Demo Version and use all the fx provided.
    That's not correct.

The GM needs an Ultimate license if any of the players have a demo license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So the Fantasy Grounds Unity I can purchase on Steam for 33,99€ is merely an DLC of the "Rime of the Frostmaiden" story, the license itself would be within the 102,28€ one. I see.
    Tyvm for the quick response ^^

So the Fantasy Grounds Unity I can purchase on Steam for 33,99€ is merely an DLC of the "Rime of the Frostmaiden" story...
    Fantasy Grounds Unity is not DLC, it's the base product. Rime of the Frostmaiden is DLC.

I'm not sure *exactly* which product you're looking at, nor what your local pricing will be, so can't comment on the prices you're seeing.

There are two products on Steam for Fantasy Grounds Unity - the base product standard license (referred to as "Fantasy Grounds Unity" on Steam) and an upgrade Ultimate, which is DLC for "Fantasy Grounds Unity": https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...cense_Upgrade/

To get the Ultimate license you need to purchase a Standard license *and* an upgrade to Ultimate. So, but this base product: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Grounds_Unity/ then add the upgrade DLC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...cense_Upgrade/

Yes, those are the two I was referring to. So in order to be able to DM and host games for my players I would need both. The Standard license and the upgrade to Ultimate as for the DM to host Demo Accounts of my players.

So in order to be able to DM and host games for my players I would need both. The Standard license and the upgrade to Ultimate as for the DM to host Demo Accounts of my players.
    Yes.

Unless your players also bought base license, then you all ONLY need the base license. It's similar to playing a console game like Call of Duty, everyone has to buy their own copy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Grounds_Unity/

Thread Information