DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn
    So... 4E_JPG has stabilized enough that I decided to put The Box and chat portraits back into my ruleset. Now I had no trouble with either of those, but I'm not able to get the GM Portrait to show up--which I'm guessing is because 4E_JPG does some funky stuff with the chat from the Host (adding the name of the NPC generating a roll and such).

I added an icon called "portrait_dm.png" to my \icons folder.
    Then I defined it in graphics.xml, defining it as "portrait_dm".
    Then I added the "messagedata.icon =" in chat_entry.lua, matching the defined name above.

Nothing. Is it because 4E_JPG handles Host chat differently?

EDIT - Oops, I had the wrong file name listed for the DM portrait. It works great!

DM/Player Perspectives
    Very Nifty!
    Last edited by Polyhedral; September 7th, 2008 at 17:01.

Dice rolls not showing portrait.

I am working with the 4e ruleset and while I can get the chat for both players and gm to show the correct sized picture, the die rolls just show the names. Is there something else I have to change to get the die rolls to show portraits?

Yes there is, the 4E_JPG does a lot of stuff when dice land so you'd need to change some of those functions. However 1.1.2 (the latest) has Portrait Chat already included. It's on the options screen as "Show portraits in chat"

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    Yes there is, the 4E_JPG does a lot of stuff when dice land so you'd need to change some of those functions. However 1.1.2 (the latest) has Portrait Chat already included. It's on the options screen as "Show portraits in chat"
    That fixed the GM side but the players die rolls still just show the name and not the portrait.

Odd..it seems to work for me both as a player and GM. You should probably post about it over on FUM

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    Odd..it seems to work for me both as a player and GM. You should probably post about it over on FUM
    I made a backup of all my 4e stuff, deleted my 4e ruleset and installed the latest one. Then copied everything back but the graphics and chat.lua and it works fine now.

Thread Information