STAR TREK 2d20

Any sailing Ship organization EXT ?

Hello all, just a shot in the dark here.
    I am running a Pirate campaign and I was wondering if there is some kind of extension for organizing a ships crew and cargo, I think there is such stuff for Traveller cus that's it's bread and butter but is there anything for D&D 5e?
    Like a list of the officers (ability to add subtract and name these roles), a list of the crew (the ability for it to automatically give a crewman a random generated name/race/sex and other custom distinctions and how skilled they are at sailing) and a way to randomly kill X number of them on a successful attack on the ship and track and modify their moral. And a way to keep track of ships hold with how much it can hold.
    If there isn't something like this how hard would it be to make? And would anyone else be interested? I have no skill at programing but there are a lot on the forums that are and they are always looking for projects (I assume ) I would pay for something like this through the DMs guild without hesitation.

The closest to anything ship related in 5e is in the Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign. For crew I just created an encounter with all the crew on it (after creating the NPCs of course) and the ships are also in an encounter (again after creating NPCs for each part oof the ship - depending on it's size). For cargo I'd create a dummy PC and use their inventory for what's being carried. I believe there's some mass combat rules in the DMG.

For random names create rollable tables attached to a story template perhaps. But there isn't a way for that to be generated on the NPC automatically.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Good ideas! I have Captains and Cannons I plan to use. Got it off the DMs Guild or Drive Thru RPG, cant remember which, it has a Fantasy Grounds module or a regular PDF.

FYI the character sheet will let you have strength in the hundreds so you could keep track of cargo that way indeed! I fiddled with the str score and 149 will carry pretty close to 1 ton of cargo.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh(WotC) is full of useful information. The Random Ship Template is a wonderful, wonderful thing. You can edit the template to change/add/subtract Officers if you wish. It is set to name five Officers and five random crew, and you can add gender/race/identifiers by adding those tables to the template. You could even add a cargo section to the Ship template to tell you what the ship is carrying.

Random Ship.jpg

Each ship NPC tells you how much they can carry and the expected crew size. The other tab of the NPC is not used, so that is where I track crew and cargo. AOE spells affect 1d6 crew members per spell level, so for every weapon that hits the ship, I have it hit 1d6 crew and subtract that from total crew

Warship.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fear Grounds; January 26th, 2021 at 15:17.

Cool! It looks interesting I have the D&D Beyond version but not the FG version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drath3n View Post
    Cool! It looks interesting I have the D&D Beyond version but not the FG version.
    You should be able to create something similar using Story Templates and tables. See if you can't get something there to make you happy

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information