DICE PACKS BUNDLE

BUG: Leveling a College of Glamour Bard triggers exception error, but not crash

I was attempting to level up a character who is a bard of the college of glamour from Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and kept running into the debug log at some levels, it was not consistent, but it did keep happening between level 3 through to level 14. I did not try any level higher then that, as I need this character at level 14.

I have a crash log, as well as an example bard I exported as the base of the character in question, it was a level 2 character that was previously created in FGU, but I do not appear to have the means to upload files to this thread to provide those, is there another option for that?

I'm not seeing any issues. But are you levelling up using the Character Wizard or drag and drop? I tested in both and didn't get any errors. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions? Does it happen just with the Bard using the College of Glamour or all/any bard?

To attach files to a post go to 'Go advanced' then 'Manage Attachments' then Browse and select the file and click upload and then close and submit. (make sure that you aren't viewing the forums in mobile view - change it from the drop down at the very bottom of the forum page).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi Zacchaeus,

Apparently I had somehow switched to the mobile view, as the options were not just coming up, but your mention of that had me looking more closely on the screen to get it back to the full forum version, thanks.

I am not using any extensions, and only have the PHB, DMG, Xanthar's and tasha's guides open in the modules selection.

I created a bard of lore, and a bard of valor using that same bard.xml import just prior to xmas with no issues at all, but today I ran into issues while trying to run through the college of glamour. I was not using the character wizard to level the character up yet, but I did use the CW to create the initial bard class, and drag/dropped the bard class again to raise it to level 2 at that time. I then simply exported the level 2 bard, as I knew I was going to need it again.

Earlier today, I had just finished building out a barbarian and ran through the zealot subclass for that before going through the glamour bard, but did not run into any issues there, it was only while I was working with the bard and going through the various levels for the glamor college that it ran into that error.

I'm hoping the error shows up in the fgu_logs file for you, if not I can try it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    When you say "using that same bard.xml import" are you starting from an imported xml or starting from scratch?
    If its happening when you start from the import what happens when you start from scratch?

Hi Damned,
    Yes, I am using a character I created before xmas, that I then exported to save the level state. I then use that imported XML file to create the various subclasses so I can complete video tutorials on how to use the features of that subclass within fantasy grounds unity. I've used that same XML file to create the College of Lore, and College of Valor tutorials, and only ran into the error when I was working with the College of Glamour bard.

I have not had a chance to try starting from scratch in this case, I'll see if I can run through that again but with a brand new character and see if that does indeed work.
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Stoehovve
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/user/stoehovve

So I finally had time to run through this in more detail, and it appears that because the character XML file I was using to import for a base character for a given subclass, it would trigger the crashes I saw when I attempted to apply new levels. Even though I was not manipulating the character in the character wizard as I leveled up, or post leveling within the wizard. I created a new character that I then exported an reimported and was able to subsequently apply the levels as I usually would, and not trigger a crash. I suspect there's some differences in what the old XML file has, vs what newer ones do.
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Stoehovve
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/user/stoehovve

Thread Information