DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    I suppose that it is not easy to move into the correct folder without loosing the LoS?
    I will place them in the correct place in the future.
    Thanks for your time.

I could add that slow for me is when it takes more then 1s per square on the map. Sometimes 3s. But it also works with no problem sometimes.

It might be related to the number of tokens on the map; and the number of occluders defined. Every piece of information increases the burden on the product. I'm guessing with such a high-resolution map, you are using very detailed LoS with lots of points. We are working on some optimizations as part of our next big pass for vision/lighting; but that also adds more overhead to support the vision/lighting.

You could try turning off the occluders, and see what the performance is like.
    Or try resampling to a smaller size image, and testing whether that helps.

A 595MB image will most likely create some challenges with in-memory size, as well as swapping between memory and your graphics card.

Regards,
    JPG

The 595MB Zip file included more then 40 maps. So the actual map is around 12MB.
    But I will try to turn off the occluders next time. And the next map will be placed in correct folder.

Age of Ashes 2, Cinderclaw mine map. Lots of tokens visible at once, token movement (of locked tokens) for one of my players became slower and slower (same player that suffers from "black map" issue every week). For him locked tokens arrived 14 seconds after they arrived at my GM session. When I move a token directly it jumps to the destination immediately for the player, so no problem then.

My guess is that LOS calculations during token movement are the the culprit. It seems as if adding more tokens (+CT entries?) makes it worse, but then removing them does not improve it again (or maybe makes it even worse again).

Log files can be provided.

We're deep into a complete rewrite of those systems; and logs are only useful for outright errors and crashes (not slowdowns). My guess is that it might be either complexity of the map occluders and/or the size of the map displayed.

Just out of curiousity, can you try having that person run without sending the image to the background, if they do that? I'm wondering if that might help as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Problem is that he has to keep shoveling windows around inside FGU because he lacks the desktop resolution to display it all. So the map window keeps being covered by other windows and he keeps resizing it to accommodate for the CT and charsheet.

That being said, I find lock/approved token movement too slow on my rather high powered GM PC as well. FPS drop considerably along the way (with some dips below 20 fps). It's just that it is even slower on his machine.

I will stop using approved movement for NPCs, it serves no specific purpose anyway other than me using ALT-movement to measure distance. Until FGU improves on performance I will rather drag the token to its destination once I know the distance. It's more clicks, but also less trouble.

What is the size of the map you are using in pixel dimensions?

JPG

You give me the password, I give you the resolution. It's a module bought from the SW store.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...OSMWPZO90146FG
    Last edited by Weissrolf; February 23rd, 2021 at 01:03.

Moonwizard / Everyone else, I had the same problem on the Ice Caves Player map for The Rise of Tiamat at Oyaviggaton just this past three weekends. That map made the game horribly slow for everyone to use, they had to click on their character and wait a slow count of 3-5 seconds (one one thousand, two one thousand.. etc.) and then their character would be able to be picked up. I had to do the same, so DM was not immune to the slow down.. I have 6 players and myself in that campaign. Arauthators lair was not as bad.

Sometimes if they didn't count long enough, they would somehow duplicate their character and the duplicate would not be bound to anyone and it would be an orphan token just kind of hanging out that I had to delete. Figured I would add to the information since that's an "out of the box" campaign map that I got by buying / downloading the adventure from FG.

It would lead credence to the number of lines / items that made up that map because of the broken size of the caves had to have a lot of points / lines to make it work.
    Last edited by Amerisun; February 23rd, 2021 at 03:03.

Thread Information