5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Slow movement of token

It sometimes happens that the movement of tokens is awfully slow. It might take seconds before the token moves for the DM or any of the players. The problem is the same even if the DM mover the token.
    I have tried to unshare and reshare the map, restart FG unity and some other things that I do not recall now, none of those things work. I also have restarted my computer and still the same slow response of the tokens.

But if I remove all tokens from the map and then put them back, then everything works great again. But everyone loses their already discovered areas. That is a quick fix that I we can live with.
    But is there any way to not lose the discovered areas? It is a big pain on a big map to select all the tokens and drag them to all visited places.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
    It sometimes happens that the movement of tokens is awfully slow. It might take seconds before the token moves for the DM or any of the players. The problem is the same even if the DM mover the token.
    I have tried to unshare and reshare the map, restart FG unity and some other things that I do not recall now, none of those things work. I also have restarted my computer and still the same slow response of the tokens.

But if I remove all tokens from the map and then put them back, then everything works great again. But everyone loses their already discovered areas. That is a quick fix that I we can live with.
    But is there any way to not lose the discovered areas? It is a big pain on a big map to select all the tokens and drag them to all visited places.
    When a token is removed from the map all its visibility is removed.

If you enable Party vision then just drag the one token around that might help, but it's not ideal.

I get slow tokens sometimes, so probably still needs optimising.

The token accepted movement animation should be moving at approximately 3 grid squares per second right now. If you are seeing something differently, please let us know.

Regards,
    JPG

I can say that I have had times where the token accepted move is far slower than expected. I have had it where I have accepted the token movement and then it takes several seconds to register the accept. Once that happens, movement is exceptionally slow. Now, there was a movement that was over many squares (once that was 20+ squares) so that may have made it just seem slow. If it happens again, I will document it down more.

Is there a way to change the amount of movement on our end?

No, there is not. I'm thinking we might need to adjust the speed based on the distance of the overall movement eventually, but that's something longer term.

If you are seeing something other than about 3 squares per second; then please provide a link to a zipped up version of campaign, as well as details of which map/token we should look at.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, there is not. I'm thinking we might need to adjust the speed based on the distance of the overall movement eventually, but that's something longer term.

If you are seeing something other than about 3 squares per second; then please provide a link to a zipped up version of campaign, as well as details of which map/token we should look at.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Next time it happens, I will try to make a link to a zipped up version of the campaign. But I have no clue how to make a zipped version of the campaign.

It's just a folder in the GM's FG data directory under the campaigns subfolder. It has the same folder name as the campaign name.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Thanks,
    JPG
    Ok, it happened again. I as a DM tried both with and without the map maximized (the arrow in upper corner). It seems to be even slower when I maximize the map.
    If the tokens are not locked, then the movements are fast. With the tokens locked and the DM skip to accept and instead move the tokens, then it also moves them fast for everyone. But if locked and then the movements are accepted by the DM (clicking green tick) it is terribly slow.
    The map is named: “JFG – Level 1 DotMM”
    The path is to the zipped file:
    https://jfg.se/FG/Lost%20Mine%20of%2...er%20-%201.rar

I do not know if the map will be accessible with the above campaign data.
    I have the map in the FantasyGrounds/images. This map probably needs to be copied there.

https://jfg.se/FG/JFG.rar
    Last edited by Cozy; January 25th, 2021 at 09:32.

Even zipped that map you linked is 595Mb. That's colossal; it's going to take me a while to download it and see what resolution it is but I'd say the issue is that the map is just too big.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information