DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Even zipped that map you linked is 595Mb. That's colossal; it's going to take me a while to download it and see what resolution it is but I'd say the issue is that the map is just too big.
    Well it might be. But it is not just one map. I zipped all maps in the catalog, maybe not the best idea.
    I have not really got the hang of where all maps and other things should be stored.

If I go by the button "images" to the right. The map is called: "JFG - Level 1 DotMM"
    If I search for a map with that name in the harddrive it can not be found. (is it compiled into som other file?)
    In the big zipped file, that I linked to, is a map named: "level1-72dpi-fullquality.jpg". That is the one that I used to create the "JFG - Level 1 DotMM". I had to add my own line of sight.

Nice maps anyway
    Last edited by Cozy; January 25th, 2021 at 12:26.

Probably not the best idea no. Wherever you obtained the maps from presumably you put them somewhere on your hard drive and if you added them to FGU then they'll be in your campaignname/images folder. If you click on the folder icon at the top left of the FGU start screen this will take you to the FGU Data folder and your campaign will be inside the campaign folder in a folder with your campaign name on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Even zipped that map you linked is 595Mb. That's colossal; it's going to take me a while to download it and see what resolution it is but I'd say the issue is that the map is just too big.
    That second zip is more than one map.

I made a folder in the “Fantasy Grounds/images” and put the map files there. I created these folders in the images: JFG/DotMM/L1 where L1 has the map for level 1 of DotMM.
    Then I opened the map image by the following these steps: Assets->Images where I then opened “Data->JFG->DotMM->L1” and dbl-clicked the mapfile.
    After that I added the LOS.

As I understand now, I should have copied the map image into the “campaign/my campaign name/images”.
    As it is now, the map for level 1 is not in the “campaign/my campaign name/images” but just in the “Fantasy Grounds/images”.

Did you download all the maps? Or should I zip just the particular map?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    That second zip is more than one map.
    Yes, it is. Sorry for that. Did not know if a map without the correct path would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
    I made a folder in the “Fantasy Grounds/images” and put the map files there. I created these folders in the images: JFG/DotMM/L1 where L1 has the map for level 1 of DotMM.
    Then I opened the map image by the following these steps: Assets->Images where I then opened “Data->JFG->DotMM->L1” and dbl-clicked the mapfile.
    After that I added the LOS.

As I understand now, I should have copied the map image into the “campaign/my campaign name/images”.
    As it is now, the map for level 1 is not in the “campaign/my campaign name/images” but just in the “Fantasy Grounds/images”.

Did you download all the maps? Or should I zip just the particular map?
    Is it the standard Mad Mage map or a custom one? Because if its the Mad Mage map that is included in the DotMM module for FantasyGrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Is it the standard Mad Mage map or a custom one? Because if its the Mad Mage map that is included in the DotMM module for FantasyGrounds.
    It is a custom made map. It show a lot more as funiture and such in the rooms.

Indeed. The image isn't in the campaign images folder - so it's never been imported into the campaign. I managed to d/l the campaign but there's no image there just the pins and the LoS. I can't d/l the map file that you zipped - it keeps failing. I think though the problem (or at least one of the problems) is that the image isn't in the campaign/images folder. But yes, if you could upload just that one image it might tell me someth8ing more.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I suppose you need to place the map at the same path that I have used.
    "Fantasy Grounds/images/JFG/DotMM/L1"

This link will take you to a rar with 2 maps. I am not sure which map I used.
    https://www.jfg.se/FG/L1.rar

Can I erase the old big map file now?

Yes you can remove the big file.

I'm only able to test in a limited fashion since the file you provided is not the same name as the file you have used. Renaming it to the same name as you have just gives me a blank map with pins and occluders. Testing on the map you did provide I can't see that the token movement speed is anything other than correct. The map is very big both in terms off size and resolution and with occluders and effects that could give you a bit of lag. Since I'm not seeing your definition of slow it's hard to say whether what I'm seeing is also what you are seeing and you consider that slow. But I can say that the image you have added LoS to isn't in the campaign/images folder so I'm not even sure why it would work at all. I've never tried using a map directly from anywhere other than inside the campaign.

Thread Information