STAR TREK 2d20

"Basic" Saving Throws

How does one determine what value should be assigned to a basic saving throw? I am asking because al the Disrupt Undead spells show a 10 as the DC but it shows that at all levels. The book is really no help either. Should I assume that the DC would be based on the spell level?

James

See pg 298 core rule book, spellcasting DC side bar
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I am not sure that is right either. If it were then the PF2 ruleset is wrong with regards to at least the Disrupt Undead spell. Based on other reading this evening it seems that 10 is probably right as this is only a Cantrip and not meant to be very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I am not sure that is right either.
    The core rules are indeed correct.

If it were then the PF2 ruleset is wrong with regards to at least the Disrupt Undead spell.
    Works fine for me. Make sure that the spell class header on the actions tab (click the magnifying glass to the right of the name and "CL" entry) are showing the correct ability and proficiency.

Based on other reading this evening it seems that 10 is probably right as this is only a Cantrip and not meant to be very powerful.
    Cantrips can get pretty powerful. Especially as the character levels up and heightens spells.

The big thing to remember with PF2 is that if the character is proficient in something then their level (plus the proficiency level bonus) is added to most things to do with that "something".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That fixed it, thanks.

Thread Information