STAR TREK 2d20

unnamed tabs_charsheet in MoreCore record_char.xml

I'm attempting to build a MoreCore extension, but \campaign\record_char.xml contains a tabs_charsheet with no name. Doesn't this make it impossible to replace or delete this element via merge? The tabs_charsheet in the 5e record_char.xml by contrast is named, making it easy to apply a merge rule to it without needing to replace the entire file. (This is still pretty new to me, though, so it's possible I'm missing something.)
    Last edited by crleonhard; January 21st, 2021 at 15:11.

If this is specific to MoreCore, probably better to post in the MoreCore ruleset thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Im guessing that when I did that part of the ruleset it was also unnamed in CoreRPG
    Right now you would replace the whole charsheet definition but I will check it out and update it soonish

Actually, it looks like simply redefining the tabs_charsheet with the desired omissions effectively replaced the tabs in the base file, even without specifying a name. I guess a windowinstance can only have one set of tabs, maybe, so the new one just automatically replaced the existing one despite not having a name to match on? IDK, but I'm happy it's working as-is!

ETA: Oops, I stand corrected -- it looks like both sets of tabs are there, it's just that mine are on top of the old ones so they're hard to see.
    Last edited by crleonhard; January 22nd, 2021 at 15:16.

Thread Information