5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Occluders in FGU - what am I doing wrong?

I made a map and imported it to FGU. Having problems getting the grid right, but that's a separate issue. My issue currently...any tokens dropped on the map can see the entire map. LOS is enabled and I have added wall and door occluders which seem to be working with the LOS just fine (hooray!). But the party can see the entire map layout (though they cannot see what's in every room unless they have LOS. What am I doing wrong so the map is hidden from the party until they explore and reveal sections bit by bit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you sure you test the player view on a player client or do you test it as DM? The DM "player view" is different than the players' actual view As DM you will still see the map, you have different gray tones designating what a player once saw and now not anymore, and another one what they never have seen before

Or replace the tokens to reset their view for example

Yeah, that might have been it. I think resetting the tokens fixed the problem, or at least, reset the view. Operator error (as usual).

Now I could just get the grid to line up properly, I'd really be in business. A thread for another time.

Use the map align tool to resize your map so that the grid fits https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

In FGU You can also manually change the grid size and even have different x and y values as well as decimals. But looking at your image it doesn't look like it was drawn using a 5' (50px) grid.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    In the map editor panel, activate the grid editor and change the grid size from 50 to maybe 32. See if that fits better, keep adjusting and nudging until you get it to where you want.

If you're still having trouble, try Discord to see if someone can walk you through it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That's part of what's weird...at 50, I don't even see a grid. I think the image above is set at like 375 or something ridiculously high (I don't have access to it right now). I built the map on a 50 x 40 grid (if I remember right). Obviously some sort of issue with the exported image I guess. I will keep playing around with it and trying later. I may also give the tool @Zacchaeus recommended as well.

Blog Entries
    Be aware, when you say the map is 50 x 40, I suspect you designed it at 50 square by 40 squares? That's not how FG think of maps and grids. Instead it think of a map of A x B pixels, and that grids are M x N pixels.

It looks like whatever grid size is currently set, if about 3/4 of what it needs to be for this map. If you know you want the map to be 50 grids wide, find the total image width and divide by 50 and then set that for your grid width. Same with height (though they are probably the same number).

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will go back to the map and look at the total pixels and try calculating it from there, see if that helps.

If I understand your analogy correctly (and for the sake of simplicity, let's say the intended grid is 50 x 50), then you are saying A/50 = M and B/50 = N in your example, correct?

Blog Entries
    Yea, so say you image is 50 x 40 grids, and when you look at the image properties it says 3600 x 2880 pixels. Then yes, divide 3600/50=72 pixels per grid. And 2880/40=72 as well.

Got it, thanks! I will give it a try later tonight. I am guessing the original map has far more pixels than I realized which is making things difficult.

Thread Information