DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Okay. Seems it is really the firewall of McAfee, which came as a default offer with the new machine - tho I will switch to Avira asap. If the firewall is off, I can conncet, great to see that. However, all Savage Worlds campaigns show the same error message as above, whereas all D&D campaigns launch smoothly...

Try deleting the Savage Worlds ruleset from the rulesets folder and do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks again. I did that, same error message. This window pops up afterwards:

Console.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michel13 View Post
    Thanks again. I did that, same error message. This window pops up afterwards:

Console.jpg
    See my request in post #20 on the previous page.

Also, don't load any extensions at first. Start a brand new SavageWorlds campaign, with no extensions.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 20th, 2021 at 21:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, below you go. And yes, I bought the SWD ruleset back in 2012. Together with the FGC License Core (for GM). Thank you man!

rulesets.jpg

And how do I don't load extensions first? To me it appears they are automatically loaded during updating... Got you, will test that!
    Last edited by Michel13; January 20th, 2021 at 21:48.

Setting up a fresh SWD campaign works. No error messages... But I'd like to have the old campaign stuff, 6 years of gaming... =)

And how do I don't load extensions first? To me it appears they are automatically loaded during updating...
    On the load campaign screen you can select/deselect extensions to be loaded with that campaign. Having extensions on your hard drive is different from using them (loading them).

The file sizes look right. Try creating a brand new campaign with the SavageWorlds ruleset - don't enabled any extensions.

Do you get the same errors? If so, go to the launch screen, click the "Settings" button - what Updates -> Mode is currently set?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Setting up a fresh SWD campaign works. No error messages... But I'd like to have the old campaign stuff, 6 years of gaming... =)
    OK, so you're trying to load an old campaign, this might be the cause of the errors - we should be able to fix that. When you click on your old campaign in the Load Campaign screen, does it show the ruleset as SWD or SavageWorlds?

As said above, #26, setting up a new SWD campaign without extensions works. But the old one still has the same error message. In the console screenshot I posted, which pops up after the error-message, there are many error messages (see #23). That anything to consider? Thank you.

On another note: When I migrated the FG data folder with the structure mentioned in #14 from the old onto the new computer I copied the entire folder content, not just the campaigns folder, thereby overwriting some stuff from the FG server. Could that have caused the problem?

Thread Information