5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FGU: "Improved critical" management/automation?

Hi,
    how can I manage the "improved critical" feature? Such feature gives you a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. Unfortunately when a PC with such feature rolls a 19, the ruleset does not consider it a critical hit, but just an ordinary hit: how can I roll/manage the extra 'critical' damage? Is there a way to roll/manage critical damage easily?

An hint for the developers: could the "improved critical" feature be an automation, so that when a PC with such feature rolls a natural 19 the ruleset automatically consider it a critical hit?

If you add an effect CRIT: 19 and apply it to the character on the CT then FG will automatically treat a 19 or a 20 as a critical hit. I think this is covered in more detail in video three here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

You can manually apply critical damage by holding doing SHIFT whilst rolling the damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you add an effect CRIT: 19 and apply it to the character on the CT then FG will automatically treat a 19 or a 20 as a critical hit. I think this is covered in more detail in video three here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

You can manually apply critical damage by holding doing SHIFT whilst rolling the damage.
    Thank you!

For PCs as Zacchaeus wrote you just need and effect CRIT: x, where x is the natural roll of the die for triggering the critical hit.

Now, I have a question if I want to add a CRIT: 10 for an NPC for example? I found out that by adding 'Improved Critical' to NPC's trait will do the work for die rolls of 19-20 so If I manually change, in the CT that effect CRIT:19 to 10 then it will work for all rolls 10-20, but the moment I delete the token from the CT that effect will reset to 19-20 as by rule set?

I assume there is no walk around it and you need an extension am I right?

Blog Entries
    Correct, because I believe FG reads the trait name, not the wording inside it, and adds the CRIT: 19 effect automatically when added to the CT. And once deleted from the CT, the NPC instance is gone, it doesn't go back and write to or save the modified effect on the generic NPC record.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information