DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC automatically add spells

Okay, this is driving me crazy.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 003120.jpg

I can't get the spells to be added automatically, but I can't see where the error is. Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong here? I've made bunches of spellcasters, and although this is not the first time I've had this trouble, I can usually figure it out.

Guess: from the image it looks like all the spell titles are modified with things in parentheses. They will only add automatically if the spell name is identical to the name of the spell in the source rules/document. So if you list it simply as "minor illusion" when you close the NPC card it matches that vs. the source and adds it down below. So - best guess is that the modified spell names are preventing the auto-add.

Blog Entries
    Please post ruleset specific questions in the appropriate forum.

IF this is for 5E, you are not following the format outlined in the wiki, you have all sorts of special characters and things in parenthesis that don't belong.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...llcasting-NPCs

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Please post ruleset specific questions in the appropriate forum.

IF this is for 5E, you are not following the format outlined in the wiki, you have all sorts of special characters and things in parenthesis that don't belong.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...llcasting-NPCs
    Reading that wiki, it says in the Player's Handbook. Does that mean it will not look in other modules like Tasha's or possible a custom module that is open where you have made your own spells?

From looking at the naming the OP put I figure he is using the mod that Rbo2e has for coding of spells because the # in () are the distance the spell can be cast and some would have other symbols also. Would spells from those modules not be able to be used on NPCs?

It's unlikely that it will pick up on spells from Rob2e's modules with all that extra stuff in it. FG expects only text and commas so it will give up with the other punctuation stuff. Also the effects which are attached to the Rob2e stuff will also be meaningless in an NPC.

It will pick up on any spell which is in any open module - not just the PHB. Just in case you aren't doing it right the last video here shows how to get spells into a spellcasting NPC. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm using Rob2E's spell effects modules, and actually, I hadn't had much trouble getting the NPC spellcasters in the past to auto-generate the spells based off the spellcasting list. It's just this one. I did recently add another extension/module. I'll try turning that one off and see if it's interfering. Thanks. Was wondering if I were missing a comma somewhere.

I am aware of the wiki and was using that as a base. Even copy-pasted, but thought maybe I was missing something. I'll also try generating a spell list off the regular in-house spells and see what happens.

Okay, the good news is FGU is awesome and you guys who created it are more awesome than you know. It works, even with the symbols in Rob's spells.
    The bad news is: I'm a complete ninny!

I was doing it wrong: OF COURSE. I just couldn't see where because the problem wasn't in the screenshot above. When I made the NPC bard, I was dragging a bunch of Bard info onto the character sheet and it naturally puts it all in ACTIONS, but spellcasting goes under TRAITS! I didn't see it until I tried to make a new character to test it and did it right with the new character.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was aware of the wiki and the threads here in the forums, but I just wasn't paying attention. Thanks. All good now.

Thread Information