DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

A new era of voting?

Moon Wizard's post about Idea Informer and possible developments for Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cker-Migration
    Idea Informer: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    They generated some doubts:
    There is a time to be voted on before being discarded.
    Is there a minimum number of votes?
    If the "goal" is not achieved, will we lose the possibility of any of these improvements forever, or would it be launched only in the indeterminate future?

Moving over to a new system and migrated more popular votes from the old location over, abandoning ancient and low vote items.

If you have an item you want migrated, do so.

That's what it seems to say, to me.

I am satisfied with what I saw, especially:
    The possibility of having the light sources, animated maps, sounds (effects and music) directly on the platform, the possibility of locking the players' spreadsheet and having the combat tracker connected to who is seeing the NPC on the map.

Blog Entries
    I think this is close enough to the OP to not start a new thread.. But how does this differ from the Support Site Feature Request form? I was worried that one had no community visibility or means of voting, but since a few of us have been suggesting that for the last couple months... would like some clairification on use of Idea Informer vs the support portal form.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Moon Wizard's post about Idea Informer and possible developments for Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cker-Migration
    Idea Informer: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    They generated some doubts:
    There is a time to be voted on before being discarded.
    Is there a minimum number of votes?
    If the "goal" is not achieved, will we lose the possibility of any of these improvements forever, or would it be launched only in the indeterminate future?
    Good questions. I think it is neccessary to clean up the votung site once in a while.
    The last on have dozens of pages of suggestions. I thought that it was no point in posting new suggestions there because it would just drown in the old suggestions.
    It takes time to do, but deleting old ideas without votes, closing suggestions that have been implemented and merging suggestions should be done if smiteworks wants an actual voting site that works as intended.

As I understand it Moon Wizard cleaned up the Idea Informer and took what was done, what could not be done and kept what could be done, but then I was left wondering what kept going, changing only the order that it will be prioritized by votes or it will not happen if it doesn’t reach an X number of votes, because it doesn’t help anything to vote for any of the options to hear it willn’t happen, to arrive, ah we would do it but there were few votes, we need to have palpable values direct answers .
    (Sorry for the anxiety attacked! It gave me a lot of uncertainty and frustration to lose wonderful additions)

A lot of the old suggestions, (and unfortunately some of the new ones) are ridiculous.

But proper dynamic lighting is in the works!!

Allowing delegation to another player to be GM rather than the host is probably the most important feature. This will allow to push back move to Foundry for some games where I am player and my friends don't own or don't want to invest in content, but I already have.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Jiminimonka I like to make lives, in the few times that I have managed to play, yes some are and will be very welcome, such as being able to minimize desktop objects, the possibility of having audio and sound effects directly on my platform, giving the freedom of a player controlling a friendly npc, taking this responsibility from the master's hand, showing in each player's CT only what they can see on the battle map, being able to place the tokens above or below effect layers, with height control. I know I have listed a lot of things but it will bring me immersion, resources and ease.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Jiminimonka I like to make lives, in the few times that I have managed to play, yes some are and will be very welcome, such as being able to minimize desktop objects, the possibility of having audio and sound effects directly on my platform, giving the freedom of a player controlling a friendly npc, taking this responsibility from the master's hand, showing in each player's CT only what they can see on the battle map, being able to place the tokens above or below effect layers, with height control. I know I have listed a lot of things but it will bring me immersion, resources and ease.
    They all sound reasonable, and I am sure most of those will be added eventually as well.

Thread Information