5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Region Locked?

Region Locked?

I tried to join a cloud game being run by a DM in New Zealand (I am in the US) and we couldn't see the game listed, even though he could see it.
    Is there a region lock?

No, there is no region lock. Are you looking up the GM by their FG forum user name?

Regards,
    JPG

I and the others trying to join went through the entire list of cloud games, reading the names of each event. He / We didn't find one that matched anything.
    we ended up working with a direct connection, but that was also an issue (not due to FG). Then we had problems where a character was owned by the wrong player and no matter what was done, the token went back under their control.
    *shrug*
    I blame William Shatner.

Next time the GM has a chance to start a server using the cloud option, he can reach out here to the community, or on Discord, or send a note to our support. Then, you can see if other people are seeing the same issue. (I'd use a new campaign just for testing, so the GM doesn't have to worry about people adding test characters.)

Regards,
    JPG

One thing I will note, I am pretty sure if the DM has set the table to private then the game will not show up in the list of cloud games. In order to find it you will need to search for the DM name instead.

I have all my players join by GM name instead of search by name. Worked every time so far

Good Day AckImDead2
    Also make sure the GM's name is typed the same, if there are upper case letters make sure they are used. One of my players could not find me by name search because they used all lower case.

If the GM marks the game as private, it will not show up in the lobby list when searching. You'll have to type their FG forum user name in manually.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information